Hi guys, I'm in need of a new set of tracks for my 301.8. Cat are 614 a piece, these Trojan are 1050 a set. Not sure of any others yet. Anyone heard anything about Trojan tracks?
I did a Google search and couldn't find any bad news written about their products or the company, they look like quality tracks. Hey, if the price is right and they'll stand behind their product, go for it. I did see some of their tracks for sale on eBay, mostly for CTL's though.
They come with a 1 year waranty for 1050 including freight.
What is the warranty for CAT tracks? Just a suggestion, but it wouldn't hurt to ask for contact info for some Trojan customers and see what experiences they've had.
I'm not sure, i didn't ask too many questions of the cat guy. He was getting frustrated cause there system doesn't show the track size so i let him go before he blew his top. Maybe i'll ask the trojan guy, Thanx for the idea.
I'm not familiar with Trojan hougie, can't offer any advice there. But if it's a good deal, then go for it. One other vendor you could try is Multi Machine. I've purchased a good number of tracks from them and haven't had any issues. http://www.mmmachine.com/default.htm
Thanx wille, i shot an e-mail off to them this morning. I wonder what freight is like on something that big and heavy coming across border.
I'm curious to see how the numbers work out myself hougie.
I just purchased tracks for my KX91 from Rubber Tracks USA, 18 month warranty, the price was right. They look fine, overnight shipping. Have not installed them yet, so have no pictures, but won't hurt to give them a look. I plan on doing a review after I get them on, which will probably be in another week or so. http://www.rubbertracksusa.com/ Tony
So far i've got two prices. tracks and tires is 1156 delivered. Prowler tracks from ward equipment is 800-900 delievered. i'll check that site tony, thanx.
I guess i should maybe break down the prices for you The tracks and tires ones are 440 per track with a roughly 316 shipping so my math may of been wrong on the 1156 haha. The prowlers are around 300 a piece plus a couple hundred shipping. Now i'm waiting for a price on summit tracks, Eric is the guy i'm dealing with. He was a little slow replying to me, but acknowledged it and was very courteous so i'm quite happy with his customer service!
Eric is a good fellow, I've done a lot of business with him, he better give you a reply or I'll drive to NJ and kick his arse.
I haven't heard back from him for a while but he may be on holidays or something. I got another quote from a local alberta that said he could get me a set for 950 plus gst. Brand is heavy quip, They seem to sell parts and such. Has anyone bought from them or heard anything about them.
I have no experience with any of these MFRs but I wanted to throw my experience out there, for what it's worth. I often see folks, on this site, posting requests like yours. IME cheap is not always the best value. Case in point: I currently own a Bobcat 435 (+/- 12,000#) that has about 3,500 hours on it now. It still has the original tracks on it. They do not appear to be worn out. They have plenty of tread left and only show a few deep cracks and scars. I do not know how much they cost to replace (as I said, I'm still running the OEMs) but I bet they have already out lasted most brands by more than double. They are made by Bridgestone. I'm starting to think that these will probably last as long as I own the machine. I wonder what sort of life span HEF members are getting out of a set of tracks. I'll start a new thread so maybe we'll see. Good luck.
The reason i ask these questions is to get people experiences. If i wanted the cheapest i'd of already had a set. I have cat tracks with 2300 hrs on them if that and there pooched.
http://www.tufpads.com this is who i use. they sell bridgestone. i have had good luck with them i think i have bought to sets of rubber tracks for my mini mini and another set for my 435.
Ok, so i heard back from eric. Do any of you guys know a customs broker. Apparently if i find one it makes the process alot easier.
I know a guy who can get them shipped to you for $1050
HOUGIE: I can ship you 2 tracks @ $389.27 each with $200 freight providing you attain a customs broker, here is a good one: Federated International Contact: Angie ph# 905-677-2463 fax# 905-677-8477
HOUGIE: If interested call Eric @ 770-760-1227
Does anyone know if there's a website with tips on rubber tracks as far as tightness to run them, etc.? Thanks, Greg
I go off my owners manual. You should look in yours, should tell you what to adjust it too.
Have you checked Camoplast? Depending on the style of tracks, they have either a 18 or 30 month warranty. They make the tracks for the tracked Agco tractors.
Hougie, mine is a Komatsu PC50UU-1 gray market machine. The only manual I've ever been able to find is the PDF version. I bought one, but it only covers steel tracked machines. No mention of rubber tracks anywhere in it. If there's another version of the manual available I'd love to hear about it. The one I got is pretty limited. Greg
CAT 301.8 Rubber Track Hey Dougie, Check out German Track, they have lots of different branded tracks including your CAT 301.8 which has an OEM size of 230x96x33. This is their website, check it out: http://www.germantrack.co.uk/rubber-tracks/model-types/caterpillar-models.html
I personally have had good service from Bridgestone tracks there a little pricey but last great .