Just curious about what you think the top 5 Tractor makers are. No statistics. No science. Just what you think. Your impression. You perception. These 5 came to my mind: John Deere, Kubota, Mahindra, Case, New Holland.
In quality, performance or numbers built?
Any measurements that matter to YOU. No need hard statistics. Just your impression and what comes to your mind.
I can only come up with 5 large tractor producers AGCO, Claas, CNH, Deere, and Kubota. Just for fun the top 5 most produced NA tractor models: Ford 8n ~524,000 Farmall H 391,227 Deere B 357,456 Deere 4020 184,879 Farmall M 270,140
In no particular order.... Fendt John Deere Case Massey Fergeson Claas
I never thought of Farmall, Fendt and Claas. Thanks!
I'd have to go w/ hvy 1 ton. So many brand names have consolidated under those umbrellas. I work on a lot of Case/Internationals and New Hollands (ex-Fords) and there are only superficial differences, as they are both CNH products. Fendt and Massey Ferguson are both AGCO products, as are many other old time names. Farmall has always been a name used by International Harvester and later Case International (CNH)
My lineup in order of reliability(Large Frame Farm Tractors): IMHO John Deere International Harvester(pre Case/IH) Massey Ferguson Ford(pre NH) Case(pre Case/IH)
I figured there to be alot more old 4020's around than that. Seems like everyone and their brother has one.
Probably because they are so darn good from the get-go, if one ever breaks, the owner is motivated to fix it. We talk about simple, reliable, efficient, these were it with the features you really needed, power steering and powershift without a bunch of junk to break.
I don't have numbers on how many of each were built, but it seems like half the 4020's i see for sale are synchro. Maybe people with a PS are holding on to them. Dad had powershift 4020 and 4040 until i was 8 or so. He decided he didn't like round baling in open station tractors anymore. Traded them on 4440 and 2755. 4440 was a great tractor, but it was looong. There are 3 patched poles in the hay barn from whacking them with the loader while stacking round bales with it.