Volvo ec 55b with 1800 hrs, hyd thumb, hyd coupler, 2 buckets for 30,000. Would have to go pick up 400 miles away and the nearest parts and service dealer is 200 miles from home. Or? 2005 Bobcat 341 with 1750 hrs, hyd thumb, and 2' bucket for 36,000 delivered. parts and service right in town What would you guys do?
parts and service in town,thats high for a 341 the parts are more exspensive for that model than other model bobcats that model can be problematic
Prices for both seem high, bobcat especially. On top of that, bobcat mini's seem jerky to me, even the new ones. Maybe my Takeuchi spoiled me... Volvo doesn't seem to enjoy the resale of some of the other majors, which is a good thing for the guy hunting used. How far are you from a ritchie sale?
bought mine at sams auction 331 i am in ct
bobcat parts are more exspensive than harley parts
Are you a profesional excavator? What will you use the mini for? I agree with others who have said that both seem high in price. For me local parts and service would be the deciding factor. If I was a homeowner or a part timer it would not be so important.
I own and operate a small excavating and snow removal business in NW colorado. I own a 2009 Bobcat S250 skid loader and have been totally happy with it. I worked for a company that owned a Bobcat 435, it was a pretty good machine. I have never been in a volvo mini excavator but spent about a day in a volvo 210. It was the best trackhoe I have been in. The bobcat dealer is here local but I would end up going to the other bobcat dealer around Denver because the one here is super expensive and there service dept sucks.
at the least bobcat parts are redily available.
http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...&mdlx=Exact&ST=Colorado&SO=2&btnSearch=Search Take a look at that list of stuff for sale. Its all the mini's for sale on colorado.
what for sale and what minis? point me the way
you have to click on the machinery trader link in blue http://www.machinerytrader.com/list/...nSearch=Search
wow thier prices are out of sight too
and the hours are out of sight too