Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

While driving to day,

stock ยท 2009-06-21 13:58

We went for a drive this avo and this is what we found this section is 30m in length the nacelle the trailer is on hire from the drive hub

Replies26
  1. #1stock2009-06-21 14:37

    I have more but I cant upload at the moment.

  2. #2stock2009-06-21 16:22

    below this is 500m cubed of concrete, this is the attachment for the tower ,the dept of this is 100mm or 4" another section of 100'

  3. #3stock2009-06-21 17:56

    there is an issue with the resizer this is all that shows up after 20 mins of waiting ,this

  4. #4stock2009-06-22 06:26

    A krupp/ grove This section is 10m/30ft 360 maniteau teleporter with remote man cage More of this little girl to follow Lifting tackle

  5. #5stock2009-06-22 06:33

    Some big feet there is 90ton of these And the jib is closed in at the moment this helps stop a crick in the neck SUPER LIFT ASSEMBLY

  6. #63thirteen2009-06-22 19:30

    Great photos. Post more of the crane when you have a chance. The biggest I have seen in person is a Liebherr 350 ton mobile crane (rubber tire). To be honest I don't much about cranes but they have always amazed me.

  7. #7td25c2009-06-22 21:21

    Great pictures and presentation stock.It takes alot of concrete,big trucks ,and cranes to put up a windmill that size.

  8. #8willie592009-06-22 21:25

    Looks like you have a birds eye view of the project Stock. I'll bet your enjoying the heck out of this.

  9. #9td25c2009-06-22 22:01

    What I fined most interesting on this thread is the pics of the hydraulic crane with lattice style boom and cable rigging on the top of the boom.I guess some things dont change with time,the old style lattice boom is light in weight and strong in design.

  10. #10stock2009-06-23 00:32

    And there was me thinking that no one was interested ,Shame on me ,so as some form of recompense

  11. #11stock2009-06-23 00:38

    I must visit this site again tomorrow so stay tuned to this bat channel for updated information at the proper bat time

  12. #12RonG2009-06-23 04:59

    I am so afraid of height at my age I get scared just looking up that high. Don't think we are not interested but I don't like to post unless I can contribute to the thread.................saying "nice pics" is an insult to those who are following the thread in my opinion.We already know that or we wouldn't be looking.LOL.Ron G

  13. #13stock2009-06-23 05:45

    Well as some interest was shown I made a detour of 30miles or so to get these to day Some propeller blades at a length of 40meters

  14. #14stock2009-06-23 06:07

    The leibherr at rest the nacelle fitted to the sections shown previously Rubber duck kommie 160

  15. #15stock2009-06-23 06:19

    The giant awakens The grove/krupp is moving The cranes were unloading a blade but I had to go ,but have no fear I'll be back,Hope you enjoy the scenery and see the reason why they say it the land of 40 shades of green.

  16. #16willie592009-06-23 21:21

    Not interested in Iron that BIG!!! Wow, what a view. :cool2

  17. #17sdcraneman2009-06-24 00:58

    Pretty neet deal, we are starting to see wind generators here in San diego also. The lattice jib configuration in the pictures is called a luffing jib. The main boom is telescoped out to a given length and left alone. Then the operator booms the crane up to a predetermined boom angle typically 70 or 82 degrees (don't ask me why these two angle are typical but almost all the manufacturers use them though there are other angles used) the operator is to leave the boom set at one of these angles. To change the radius the operator would then luff the jib up or down. If you look at the mast and A frame on the end of the main boom and follow it back , it is attached to a bridle and bail or block that runs back to a winch mounted on the back of the machinery deck. This winch is what booms the luffer up and down. The other attachment on the crane in these pictures is called an SSL (demag term) or Mega wing (Krupp / Grove term. The SSL stands for super side lift. The attachement is basically two arms that are mounted on the main boom and can be set at different angles relative to boom centerline. This counter acts the side loading force induced when swinging the crane. It's other function is to truss the boom. I have found in the Krupp 7550 550 ton hydro the Mega wing attachement adds as much as 30% to the chart. I'am ever amazed at how far the engineering has come in these machines they are just trully incredible. Hats off to the engineers who design this stuff.

  18. #18mcc10752009-06-24 10:10

    Hey Stock, great pics, where is this going up??

  19. #19PipeLayer2009-06-24 11:44

    wow Great View. The sheer size of the avo is amazing.

  20. #20stock2009-06-24 14:59

    24/Meitheamh/09 Called to the site to day and the prop hub and blades have been assembled but the winds were too heigh to allow the assembly to be hoisted into place will check in again tomorrow Stock

  21. #21maxlean2009-06-30 20:02

    Where are the rope handles for the outrigger pads? lol...

  22. #22stock2009-06-30 22:10

    those pads are steel and weigh up to a half a ton Stock

  23. #23dozerdave2009-07-01 00:27

    Beautiful landscape and equipment Stock. I would like to see the crane charts just for fun. Maybe they are as long as the boom.

  24. #24maxlean2009-07-01 07:08

    They are giant! The largest I have ever seen. Crane pads that need a crane to lift. Wow! I was being sarcastic when I asked about the rope handles. Hence the "lol" after. Thanks for the great pics Stock.

  25. #25mowzall2009-07-01 12:29

    Thank you for taking the time to photograph and share.

  26. #26stock2009-07-01 16:52

    With gods help we shall get some more STOCK