Around here it's always Easco. Now we've run a few other brands but easco always seems to be the best. We are always looking for quality attachments but finding a company that is maybe local and builds a high quality bucket at a better price would love to here about it.
I find that Cat buckets have been, by far, the best buckets I have ever owned. I have never owned, or been around an Esco (did you mean Esco?..I've never heard of Easco) from new so idon't know how they compare. In my cie=rcles they do have a good reputation though. If you are happy with them why are you looking for other brands? Maybe Esco is not local enough for you?
Yes esco ( spelling was never my strong suit). They make great buckets there just very expensive. A 24" for my volvo 235 is aroud 6000 but you could buy a henslie for between 4000-5000. But mainly trying to see what all is out there.
Werk-Brau builds awesome HD buckets and attachments.
its esco
I've only seen w-b buckets for smaller machines. Never new they built bigger ones.
Buckets are pretty basic tools. You are going to get what you pay for. If you are looking to pay less try buying used. Auctions are usually great for getting good prices on buckets. Deloss in CA (google search or check trader rags) has many used buckets available. Entek (now Rockland) also make good buckets. I have also had good results with Hensley products.
I second the vote for CAT buckets.
More about used buckets... I forgot to mention my last bucket purchase. I was looking for a Cat extra HD 24" bucket for my 315. My local Cat dealer, in CO, wanted to sell me a new one for $6k plus pins ($900). Plus I had to wait (6) weeks for it to be built. I was planning a trip to CA (to meet my new grandaughter) so I decided to call up my old salesman from the cat dealer back home. They had the exact bucket I was looking for, on the ground, with only a few hours on it. They were only asking $3,500 including pins. SOLD! No haggleing required. When I picked the bucket up it hardly had any noticeable wear. A little bit of paint rubbed off of the teeth and the bottoms of the side cutters. Needless to say I was very happy with the purchase. Maybe you can find a deal like that too.
We have had good luck with JB and Craigs
They sure do.They use the best steels and seem to over engineer their products.My ripper for my old 510B was designed for a small excavator.Still going strong after 26 years,having ripped through lots of rock.
tighe engineering drumconrath co meath ireland or brian scott scott buckets cat buckets are nearly and bad as the machines pure ****e once they crack they tare like paper
Cat buckets are good. They do require hardfacing or wear plating to keep the bottoms in them. I had an 42" Esco bucket on a pc 220 and it was very nice bucket. I have a entek 24" hd bucket for the 325 that is hell for stout. The 54" Cat digging bucket on the 325 has corner clawed a lot of hard rock and has had only 3 small cracks welded. It is pretty tough. No. it didnt tear like paper. My buddy has a 42" Esco on his 270 hitachi that is standing up to his hardrock work very well. He is a drilling and blasting contractor. I have a 48" jones clean up bucket for the Cat hoes I really like for finish grade or concrete prep. To me, these are very good buckets for what i use them for.
1- esco 2- nye 3- weldco-beals
I have had good luck with cat buckets and also North American Atachments in North Carolina I have had 3 of them and all have held up well not much rock here but alot of stumping with them. They can custom make them or they have some stock I always got mine in a week or less at a reel good price I think my HD 24 extra capasity for a 315 was $2200 5 years ago. I have also got real good deals from cat on buckets that were overstock or they just wanted to unload real bad.
We tear up all our buckets....maybe we need better operators?
Esco for excavators and Lemac for loaders.
Demo is tough on any bucket. My vote would be Cat as well.
I agree with 06Pete post. I have a North American compaction wheel that is very heavily built and a manual quick coupler(pin grabber) for the 325 that is perhaps overkill heavy. Prices were very reasonable in 2002.
I'v never run a cat bucket but took a good look at a couple on a 330 and a 322 and they looked pretty stout. We have in the past bought buckets at auctions and used from dealers and have done well. What were looking for is a bucket builder that make high quality buckets but is a smaller local shop. I know it's a tall order but things being what they are i would like to try and help smaller bussiness keep there doors open. Pluse generaly when the owner is the person building the bucket I would like to think better quality is made. We've done well these past few years just like to try and pay it forward.
Kudos to you Buck. I hope you find what you are looking for. A few, possibly contrary, things have come to mind about the small shop. I doubt that they would have the same engineering and/or experience in bucket building. Over the years the big boys have perfected thier craft. I think you will get the dedication to quality craftsmanship from the owner/operator shop. I'd bet they are out there. I just think it's going to be a tall order to fit all that you are looking for.
While surfing the web to look at what customers thought of our products I stumbled upon this. I gotta say thank you. We are very proud of our buckets and atacments. -Kerry Porter, WB Marketing Team
it's really difficult to say, it's no way to compare all the buckets at the same time, you have to find from others' experience. Actually, it is not reasonable to take the bucket out and comment on it. It is better to judge the performace as a whole, you know, the entire machine.
We've always had really good luck with Cat buckets and Empire buckets out of Minneapolis/St.Paul. We also have an excavator bucket made out of a Case 480F loader bucket that just keeps going :drinkup:
G'day guy we are a new Bucket factory we have only been building buckets for about 15months but in that time we have been mainly building bigger buckets for the mining industry in Australia we are called , JGS Fabrication's all the teeth we use are either original komatsu or Esco for a 24" bucket for a Cat 315 made from Hardox 450 and a 40mm tooth plate we sell them for 2,400USD brand new that include pins made out of 4140 and harden to 8mm depth. if any body would like a quote please let me know thanks
Welcome to the Forums JGS Parts. If you would please take the time, scroll through the Forum rules and familiarize yourself with the site rules. One specifically about advertising - From the RULES Page Aside from the "for sale" area, for member's personally owned goods, advertising of goods and services is not permitted unless sponsoring HeavyEquipmentForums A vendor of goods or services may make one introductory post explaining their product or service and may answer questions about such within that thread. No further promotion of your product or service may be made without sponsorship. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, click “Contact Us” at the bottom of any page. Special Note: Vendors of goods or services, or their representatives, who join the forums and make no worthwhile contributions other than to post multiple links to said goods and services are considered spammers. Spammers will have their posts removed, and their membership terminated with extreme prejudice. We'll count this post as your "freebie". If you are interested in becoming a sponsor and help support the HEF community, please contact the site founder Steve Frazier. Thank you for you cooperation.
sorry about that mate wont happen again
No worries mate, just had a feeling you were not aware of the rules here, and if you were here to participate in the community, didn't want to see you get booted as a spammer.
mate love the forums can learn a lot here and share the bit i know. and by the way if you dont mind me asking your company's buckets Blue Diamond are they made in the states?
Yes, all made in the states, but have different fabricators for various attachments. Some folks want high quality stuff, and will pay for it. Others, it's all about the price, lighter weight fabricated stuff doesn't enter their mind, it's all about the money they shell out. Seems they're oblivious about the old saying "you get what you pay for". Such is life.
Werk-Brau is a full line manufacture from the smallest machine all the way up to a 100 Metric Ton class.
sorry cjphire i had tighe buckets on a ex16 and ex22 and they ripped like wet paper. geith buckets are good . cat buckets are good but costly
I suggest Easco and Cat buckets because they provide a good quality in their equipments.
Another good point about Cat buckets are the tips. Cat will warranty them if they break. To my knowledge they are the only ones who do.
Well mate my company JGS Fabrications we also warrant the teeth on our buckets
I ripped the shanks and lip off a 48" Cat 315 bucket years ago. My product support rep ran it through as warranty because I had bought only Cat GET and I got the bucket back not only with a new lip and shanks but a new set of teeth as well. I thought that was a pretty strong warranty.:cool2
PSM http://www.psmcorp.com/ CWS http://www.cwsindustries.com/ Weldco Beales http://www.weldco-beales.com/ Esco http://www.escocorp.com/