Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Who makes the best duct tape?

clansing1 · 2010-08-12 22:44

Just curious. Thanks in advance.

Replies18
  1. #1smokey12010-08-12 22:50

    3M, $4.00 a roll

  2. #2qball2010-08-12 22:52

    gorilla.

  3. #3CM19952010-08-13 00:13

    Yep, it's the best although I have been disappointed by the glue but then I was probably trying to do more with it than was intended...

  4. #4reaper0202010-08-13 00:55

    i found gorilla weak on the glue to

  5. #57GP2010-08-13 04:39

    Best as in quality or best as in price? Harbor Freight has some mighty cheap rolls, but it doesn't stick to well...it works great if you need to use it for temporary, non vital purposes...

  6. #6LT-x72010-08-13 11:53

    My vote goes to gorilla also.

  7. #7Speedpup2010-08-13 14:53

    :thumbdown:my2c:iagree 3M is the best

  8. #8Aliate2010-08-13 19:21

    lol as opposed to using duct tape for a vital purpose

  9. #9LonestarCobra2010-08-13 19:50

    We like the 3-M. They make several different versions, and one is pretty close to the gorilla brand. The CAT dealer sells some real good tape also, but its like everything else there,$$$$$$$.

  10. #10digger242j2010-08-13 20:56

    I was thinking the same thing when I read that. Hmmmm....Duct tape, or welder? Duct tape, or welder?....

  11. #11alco2010-08-13 21:00

    Duct tape of course! Frankly, I'm surprised you even had to ask.

  12. #12digger242j2010-08-13 22:17

    You're right, of course. I don't know why I'm always overthinking that sort of thing... :beatsme

  13. #13BarnStarFarm2010-08-14 07:58

    Gorilla tape here! Agree- not so much with the glue- it's good for repairing a blowout on a timber when mixed with sawdust but we don't use it for anything else.

  14. #14OCR2010-08-14 08:28

    Duct Tape and Airplane Noses: Remember how she used to look, digger? Looks like you got the FOD pretty well duct taped up, and got her flying again... :thumbsup But, glory be, gotta really watch on the preflights, digger... ​ OCR... LoL

  15. #15digger242j2010-08-14 10:09

    You got me wondering, OCR, so I went looking. Search the NTSB accident database, ( http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/query.asp ) and you'll find 37 records containing the phrase "duct tape". I really like this one. :drinkup

  16. #16Aliate2010-08-15 00:26

    i like that he fixed the propeller with a pipe wrench lol

  17. #17digger242j2010-08-15 01:28

    I like the fact that he tried to blame his injuries on his backhoe: Of course, fixing a bent propeller with a pipe wrench is exactly what an operator would do. :yup I wonder if he's a member here? :cool2

  18. #18qball2010-08-15 23:32

    ok, now that would totally be me if i werent so afraid of heights.