who makes the smallest rubber track excavator & what would its numbering be?
Bobcat has the e10, and Kubota has a 010 I believe
Komatsu PC09, Kubota U10, Takeuchi TB008/TB108/TB210
we were looking at the yanmar sv-08, strictly for inside digs. https://www.yanmar.com/us/product/sv08-1b/
thats a cute little rascal just about what i`ll need for an upcoming job. now to find one for rent
I've run one of those sv-08's a few times for indoor stuff. Took a bit to get used to something that small but for an inside dig, perfect. We can rent them from the HD's here.
I checked and the 1 ton excavators are not available at the HD's near me. I got a quote from the local Komatsu dealer who handles yanmar.
I recall seeing one of these once - 275kg Number SS = Super Small
I had actually forgotten about the pc01. I don't think they sell them in North America anymore.
Hello Here is my Komatsu PC01. It weights 240kg and is 580mm wide.
I have an old customer who got a PC01 years ago. It would work inside any building.
those are almost funny to watch but sure beat a shovel. I have not found a rental price for one yet. i have slightly less than 5' to work in at the beginning so thats what it will take to work
I dont think the sell new pc01's anymore in the north American market. But they are everywhere. See them all the time at auctions. Plus alot of " grey " market ones make there way over here. They are pretty neat little machines. I have no practical use for one but damn it if i still want one to just to have one. They still bring a pretty penny to when i see them up for sale. More than i would spend for the novelty factor. I could ride it around walmart and lift turkeys and beer and such..
I'm renting one this coming Wednesday that looks exactly like that SV-08 but it's a mustang brand. Cost me 165 a day. Only using for a day to pull false wood walls down inside a concrete house that burned. I'll post some pics. A cat skid steer and it will be feeding a 210.
post a pic or two would like to see one doing some actual work. i did see one for sale 5 yrs. old they were asking 12g for it
lol I can see that runnin around walmart
Here’s one from cat
I always get a chuckle out of people who make fun of these tiny excavators - they obviously have never ran a shovel..
My kid got one of these for his birthday... gotta fab up a thumb tho cuz the bucket doesn’t curl in and scoop very well.
Good day I would have thought the local hardware store. Kind regards Uffex
https://www.topmaq.co.nz/constructi.../excavator/mini-excavator-digger-08t-coex2400 Saw this while browsing yesterday...
You know some might say that was a smart *** reply, glad I saw your post before I replied!
Guilty no offence
How’s this
Hey I forgot about the one like that I have out in the shed, except mine also has a bucket on the front. If the weather is nice this weekend the operator might be running it. He is scheduled to swing by here for the weekend with his parents!
More to come
So the baby mini rolled on it's back getting unloaded off the trailer this morning. Flipped it back on it's feet let it sit for 30 minutes checked fluids good to go. I wouldn't plan on digging much more than topsoil with it in no hurry but if it's all that will fit in the space you're working it's great.
Lol I laid one of those little things down on a dirt pile once too, I got a little carried away my first time running one.
Cat has a 1 ton that will run on 3 phase electric. I may have a job to do with it, going to look at it Tuesday. It is in an active water bottling facility. https://www.cat.com/en_US/products/new/equipment/excavators/mini-excavators/1000026500.html
They are really squirrely feeling. I ran it about a full 5 minutes than got back on a real hoe. There's a in ground pool in the middle of the project that you watch for the edge on the little machines
Ugh just realized the fire you are cleaning up there. It gets in your everything, that smell. I was looking for a water line to shut off outside of a fire, and just looked in a window for clues. That smell got on my vest and clothes and just laughed at the washing machine. Took me a month to wear it off.
Lol an in-ground pool, that be a ride on on of those baby hoes.
My brother is still complaining of the ash in his hair. I thought he was gonna flip the mini ex just pushing walls down. Glad I rented that and passed up the 2 I seen for sale. But it would definitely beat a shovel.
I am renting a cat 300.9 next week for an inside dig. Getting the 15" dig and 28" cleanup buckets. https://www.cat.com/en_US/products/new/equipment/excavators/mini-excavators/18099279.html I am going through 3'0" doors so my 35 is a non-starter.
because it is an active site I will have to do the digs at night. I sure wish I could rent the electric but nobody has one that small to rent. Surprisingly, I did find a couple of 2 ton electrics available near Seattle.
Down south in the deep south (In the US) we call those Mexican Backhoes. Though I might get banned or get this post deleted for saying that lmao.