Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Who makes these? They are from Europe.

Leighva · 2019-12-05 08:28

Who manufactures these Mouldboard hydraulic extensions? The pics are from Sweden/Scandinavia on a 143H and M series Cat. I found a company that makes one that is similar but not built as heavy duty as this one is. Thx in advance!

Replies9
  1. #1John C.2019-12-05 09:37

    Most that I have seen are custom made locally. Yakima county in Washington state has something similar on some of their graders. You might look them up and give them a call.

  2. #2Leighva2019-12-05 09:52

    Really! I’ve talked to all the guys at Western States Cat in Spokane and Boise and they’ve never seen one. I’ll give them a call thx.

  3. #3Leighva2019-12-05 11:09

    I called the shop and he hasn’t seen one before. I wonder if it was a different county you saw it on? He did say They have a slope board that mounts like a wing for pulling ditches but it’s 20’ long. He said it works great but a different attachment them I’m looking for. The mouldboard attachment I’m looking for is a small version of a slope board for a dozer but mounted to the main blade and about 36” long.

  4. #4Leighva2019-12-05 11:13

    I didn’t realize I could post the pic as a full size frame. This might be easier to see what I’m looking for

  5. #5John C.2019-12-05 12:18

    Here is a photo of one on a machine in Thurston County. I think I have photos of others if you need.

  6. #6Leighva2019-12-05 12:36

    Ok yes I’ve seen those. The pivot on this is similar but different then what I’m looking for. This acts more like an adjustable folding shoe to contain the rock much like a box scraper. The one I’m looking for is like a slope board for a dozer but mounted to the mouldboard. It’s blade remains parallel to the Mouldboard, is about 30” long and raises only the end of the blade vertically to a create a positive cut or the end to lower vertically down to a negative cut. I sure appreciate you help in looking.

  7. #7John C.2019-12-05 18:50

    Maybe you could find out who makes those and see if they would make something like what you want.

  8. #8DARO2019-12-05 23:34

    @Leighva what do you use that attachment for? Longer shorter blade? Or to cut two slope cuts at the same time?

  9. #9Leighva2019-12-06 00:35

    For pulling the uphill side of a ditch and leaving a clean ditch in one pass with no spoils left in the ditch. Alot of my ditches are buried in small Alder trees and too far off the road to swing the saddle out to reach them. I could pull the small Alders and keep the front tires out of the mud. It would also be great to pull the rook from the shoulder of the road back on the road along with the grass in one pass. Mahler’s http://mahlers.se/en/mahlers/products/accessories/product.html?productName=Norsjö_1500 makes one that is a lighter duty and removable that has an operating rage of +45° to -33° cut. Most all my roads are 14-16’ wide and the option to drop a blade to widen my pass would save a second pass that might range from 6” - 2 foot wide, but still enable me to lift the “wing” in narrow areas or pass over large rocks. I’m thinking it would give me the option to gain 2’ for plowing snow as well. Right now I’m plowing almost 50 miles of road in one shift that has to be winged back each time. Any time I can save, at the end of the day helps.