Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Who makes what for what brands

Kenskip1 ยท 2019-04-14 14:19

Well, I guess the title says it all.I visited my local John deere dealer looking at the 17G/26C. The dealer told me that Hatiche makes them.Are other name brands made by other manufacturers? Can someone point me in the proper direction to find out? Bobcat is the only make that I am aware of that produces their own components that I am aware of.Case is made by who? Caterpillar?Same question. Not that this really matters in my future purchase however,, this is something that I would like to be aware of. Thank you for your time and effort, Ken

Replies6
  1. #1Welder Dave2019-04-14 17:11

    A lot of times it depends on the specific machine. There's lots of licensing agreements between manufacturers.

  2. #2KSSS2019-04-14 17:44

    Yes, it varies and changes. Kobelco used to build machines for New Holland and CASE. That recently changed to Hyundai building for CNH. Wacker Nueson used to build excavators for CAT up the 303 until a couple years ago, CAT now builds their own. Airman used to build the smaller Deere machines, not sure if that is still the case or not. CASE above 17K and Linkbelt are built by Sumitomo.

  3. #3John C.2019-04-15 10:48

    The makes and models shuffle around so much anymore it's near impossible to know for sure who makes what.

  4. #4John Canfield2019-04-15 21:22

    Bobcat excavators are built in the US but Doosan (Korea) owns the business and now the engines are Doosan instead of Kubota. Yanmar is Yanmar and Kubota is Kubota. Bobcat and Kubota were on my short list when shopping for mine because of dealer support.

  5. #5uffex2019-04-19 14:23

    Yes to be sure those five gallon paint jobs make it difficult to support

  6. #6Donm2019-05-25 15:10

    I have been trying to figure out how to "buy American" and I don't know if buying foreign made from an american company or USA made from foreign company is better.