Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Who manufactured this auger/drill?

Passionhawk1 ยท 2017-03-03 23:37

I just bought this machine and it has no build plate. It is powered by a 4-cylinder Detroit with a turbo. It is a 4x4 with 4-wheel steering. Not a home made machine. I need to find manuals but I can't even do that if I can't ID who built the machine and what it is called. Kindest Regards, Jim Mitchell DLOG Finders

Replies4
  1. #1Delmer2017-03-04 08:38

    It looks like it has Pettibone blood to me. And by that I mean, it looks like a Pettibone chassis, who knows if they or somebody else put the auger on it. Ardco is apparently part of Pettibone now, but I couldn't find any similar pics.

  2. #2Passionhawk12017-03-05 00:12

    Hello, Delmer: I can see why you say it looks like Pettibone. I would agree but search as I would, I could find nothing remotely close. Kindest Regards, Jim Mitchell DLOG Finders

  3. #3Delmer2017-03-06 13:38

    Me neither. Just maintain the components and don't worry who made it? Unless you really need to know, then you could find some part numbers on the hydraulic cylinders(or similar less universal components) and see if they're the same as some other Pettibone machine. Machinery trader parts search is where I'd do that searching.

  4. #4old-iron-habit2017-03-12 22:53

    It looks like Pettibone power unit to me also. If you can find a tag somewhere Pettibone keeps a record of build sheets of all machines built by them. It could be a Pettibone power unit with some other manufactures build out on it. I seen a similar power unit to yours at a show a couple years ago in Wisconsin. That one had a self loading conveyor for loading stockpiles in place of where your augar is at rest. It's a cool piece, I like it.