Old and mossy. No offense meant by this, but what's your point?
Offence! is it not a game play? The reason is, I was always led to believe that Case were the origionators of the slew rams but this old girl is the first one of this model that I have seen and the first backhoe of this vintage with slew rams, so keep your power dry and look at what machines the older crew cut their teeth on and appreciate how good the equipment is now . ps It should also explain why we are all deaf too, or nearly that is. PPs this is where it all nearly started
The linkage above the boom would point me toward a Whitelock!
looks like an old allis chalmers
The backhoe The z-bar linkage The operating levers for the back hoe this is one of 4 bolts that needed to be loosened to side shift the arm.
Is that an early JCB?
I know what that is only from 2 sources one from Thomas Kosherstiedts site Polytrac.de, he sent me a copy of a brochure and the front from a last years issue of Classicplant and Machinery Thats a Whitlock. Check out that snout that was 40 years ahead hof its time.
whitlock i too would go with whitlock and i would like the trailer it would be just the job for my D4 and box cheers graham
ireland Hi, I just came back from Ireland and when I saw this post my mouth dropped open. The license plate (Reg as it's called over there) is Irish. the 00 means 2000 year and the D stands for "Dublin" or "Baile ata clie" as said in Gailic. the last numbers are the "serial number of the reg". The black plate is an older irish plate before the standard EU formats came out. I didnt' see many of them as they were mainly kept as "decorative" plates from years past. The D on the black plate also denotes dublin. So you may want to think about what models would have been available in Ireland during the pre-2000 years. I'd say our English chap has the best insight into what this is... Tally ho.
reg no,s the older reg plate is a uk plate the machine used to be a uk machine before being imported to southern ireland the last letter on that plate means it was registered between jan-dec 1966 cheers graham
you are correct...good catch Where you located Graham? I spent some time in the UK as well...
It looks like EPA would have a hayday there...
hi i am a new member ,interested in stocks barford dumper,i have one ,bit of a devil to start though and a bit of a pain to dump ,bucket hits the floor and all of the earth doesnt come out ,think i might have wrong size front wheels ,interested in the electric start,any more photos
Hey everyone trying to contact a guy from another site, he told me I could find him here. Looking for estimates for a pond in the youngstown ohio area. Hey ditch digger, can't start a new thread hope you see this.
AS they say in TV land Stay tuned Stock
Looks like a old Ford or a Massey, where abouts in ireland is it
Broncoace, I'm not the guy looking to have a pond dug but I am in Youngstown. I just finished rebuilding a White Oliver 2-78 TLB. Not as archaic as the one featured in this post, but it is from the late 1960s. Do you have an excavating outfit in Girard?
An old ford
The machine is located out side Limerick city, it is a whitlock built on a ford skid unit. Modern interior by 60's standards Stock
One of the few manufacturers that provided a cab big enough for a barn dance back in the days when you could take a few mates with you
As promised
Thanks for the photos Stock looks like a good modification ,do you know anything about this dumper ,like why was the tipping action made this way was it for a specific task,and what size front tyres is it supposed to have, thanks dylan
The specific task was to get the muck out of the skip. Back in the days when that machine was in its prime those shiny silvery things called rams and powered by that hydraulicly oil stuff were only just finding thier way onto them digging things let alone dumpers Note the rear steer, that was because nobody had come up with articulation and 4 wheel drive for dumpers yet. :drinkup
That's the oddest old backhoe I've ever seen, I want one, partly because it's old and you never see one around here and jeez it is neat.
join the Q ! Stock
That machine would make a nice restoration one day. I rember a guy in town that used to put in gas stations way back there. When i was about 15 he died and they sold off his machinery. He never sold a machine when it got old he parked it in the kudzu patch. I went to the sale and he had an 8N Ford backhoe. The boom was made by a cpomany called Pippn Digger. Ans so was the front blade. It was all made from pipe. Somebody in Walnut MS bought it and it was on the side of the road for a while. A friend bought a TD6 IH loaderthat was in the weeds everyone missed. It s forsale now need and axle replaced. There used to be a man and wife grave digger team that had an old 320 Case hoe but it was so old and broken I think they went broke. They never put any money back into their equipment. The old hoe lost an out rigger foot somew here and they roan it for years like that eventually it brok an axle fro mthe side pull on it. It broke done in the cemetery down the road a few times i had to go do the job with my 75 For 3550
whitlock this is not far from where i live ,my brother took some pictures it has not been used for a while cheers graham
Ha Ha! We are going to need more info on that beast ,that a very funny set up no cross slide ,are those rams on the bottom for slewing or side movement,please return with the picture maker and use your expert skill to acquire some pictures of the lower section of the back hoe make up ,of the side shift and slew set up please. Stock
Looks like a new volvo.
sideshift stock if i recall correctly ,the backhoe is held in position by pins and you have the option of left , right , and centre the lower rams are for the slew when i have time i will try to get more pictures cheers graham
more pictures went to cheffins sale at ely today and found this gem :notworthy it was in great condition if you notice the levers move side to side with the arm and two pictures of a differant make with early pilot controls cheers graham
lovely old iron and in good condition as well what was the second marque?
hymac hymac a bit of a beast to look at
Gee! that a well minded piece of plant the paint is still on the front scoop, any idea on the price they made?
sale hi stock the sale has not been yet ,here is a link the hymac is lot 2044 http://www.cheffins.co.uk/catalogue/machinery/cambridge-machinery-sales-110-0 cheers graham
I am a new member on this site, I have an old Payloader that I just purchased, its front wheel drive/rear steer, I know nothing about this machine and I was looking to see if anyone on here could help me out. Perhaps someone has seen one of these before and could tell me what it is. I need to purchase parts for it and dont even know where to start. If anyone thinks they could help me out, please email me at [email protected] and I can end a photo of it. Thank you very much.
First of all, welcome aboard. Make another couple of posts and then you will be able to start a new thread and post a picture. It sounds to me like you have a shovel so I suggest once you have made 3 posts start a new thread in Loading shovels, add a picture and I bet the members will be all over it like a rash :drinkup
Nice pics of a nice old machine. Still kind of waiting for someone to come on here and say they can outdig a new Kubota 80 with one of these....
I'll give it a go.............provided the Kubota only has 1/2 pint of fuel in its tank ( purely to even out the weight you understand ) ......... Oh! the other thing is I will need to be the holder of the ONLY Kubota key on site
I drive past one of those hymacs only the other week on the side of the road at swineshead near Boston UK, was as in just as goog nick as that, tried to get a picture of it but didn't get time to stop off. It figures that the whitlock has ford blood lines, the first digger I rode in as a kid with me dad was a 550 with 4 levers for the back arm instead of two these days.
ive only ever seen 1 before
nice pics
Nice to see pictures of all these old Whitlocks, first pictures in thread are a Whitlock 303 circa 1960 ,this was quite unusual in the range as it had a full side shift, for some reason all their later models had the 'swing shift' system
what make is that?
Whitlock Digger Loader Hi Guys, the machine in the first picture is definately a Whitlock because i drove one like it when i was learning to drive machines back in 1984, the model i drove was a Whitlock 505B and was a year later (E UKRegistration)than the one in the picture and they had beefed up the chassis, back actor and front digging arms a lot so they were much stronger and i reckon they could outdig a JCB. The machines were built in the UK in a place called Great Yeldham in Essex by Whitlock Bothers. Great site keep it up Ian
where are you in wales ianto 36
Whitlock Hi Volvobl, I'm in a place called Tonyrefail in South Wales.Thanks Ian
im in mid wales machynlleth area welcome to the forum got loads of great stuff on here