Hey guys another user and I are trying to get video game companies to make an equipment video game. First we want to get some answers so they know that they can make money off this type of game. Then we will contact them and it may heppen. Thanks
Definitely! It be cool if you start out with a dump trailer and backhoe then build your company up. advertise and bid on jobs. buy newer equipment and hire employees. maybe have different areas to specialize in(demo,land clearing,site work, residential, enviornmental) hope you guys can get something going. id even buy a new system just to play the game
I would pay $50 or so, uness it came with a specific type of controller, like some do for the WII
It would be sweet and i hope that we can get it going. Maybe as a whole (entire forum community) we could prove that it would be worth it instead of 2 guys with data.
you can show them the tread. maybe post on a couple of forums to get more input
they make a tonka video game.
i would buy it...like hammer said building a company would be great...but you need to be able to get some seat time in the game as well...i dont care what it costs i would have one
Thats a good idea. What other fourms you think?
There are a couple of very basic games floating around the internet.... A while back I played around with a couple, but graphics were crap and machines barely did the right job. If someone was to produce a good game, I'd buy it.
Well me and dieselnut are working to get everyones opinion and input before we go to the gaming companies. all input, ideas, thoughts and everything would help us a ton to get this where we are wanting it to go. thanks
we want to try and get someone to make a properly function game with great detail and graphics just like all of the other games out there
put me on the list for 1 so i can stop spending all my extra time playing nba live
Put me down for 1! I like Hammers idea of building up a company.
i was able to find a good half decent game out there! its called bagger simulator 2008 HOWEVER! it is in german (hence bagger in sted of digger) but you are able to operate a dozer, wheel loader, excavator, dump truck and some sort of mining machine. it is avaible through amazon's german site or for the few computer geeks around here you are able to aquire it out there if you look hard enough.. i did so for free its great but the conversion from the euro doesnt make it worth the $$$ other wise its a great educatioal tool it does alow you to set up 2 joy sticks as if it were real!! :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy
There are a few crane simulators out there for free, do a Google search for "tower crane simulator"
I would buy one as long as its for PlayStation 3.:usa AJ
i would buy one in a heartbeat, build roads or mine start your own company or run a huge fleet, i bought a cat game for the computer and it was junk, i would love to see it in the ps3 format, and i love nba live also almost as much as maddens football
Try posting on the Diesel truck boards, TDr, CompD, Cummins forum PSnation etc.
I had one for my playstation called DIRTJOCKEY...You run a hoe, dozer , offroad dump , and crane....The hoes was cool because the 2 toggles on the controller are like the real controls in a hoe.I got it for 9 bucks on ebay..
Wow i would never have expected all this input. ps3 seems to be the one most people want any other systems people would want it on. also feel free to suggest what you would like to see in the games
I'm thinking that it would be great for my son. He loves tractors and playing in the dirt with his collection of yellow iron. Moving dirt from one pile to another and then spreading it out with his dozer is something he's spent hours doing. Make it for the kids, so they can hear the sound of a big diesel blowing black smoke, and dirt being moved. Let them clear trees and dig ponds. Even have a house demolition part of the game. Don't limit it to houses, but let them chose a machine and give them a whole town to demolish, then load up and haul off to a land fill. They can switch from an excavator to a dozer to a loader and then to a dump truck. Make them all loud and when thing break, make sure they know it!!!!! If you do a good enough job on it, there won't be any age limits on who buys it. Eddie
I wouldnt waste my time operating equipment on a game when i could just walk out my back door or go to one of my jobsites and do some real work.
I ppsted it up on pirate4x4 (hure off road forum) & got very mixed results. here's a link: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=753266
People on that forum are vicious!!!
Thanks and i did see that there is some mixed results but atleast its something Thanks everyone for all the positive input. hope to get some more insight then go to some companies. Will keep everyone updated
I like the idea of building your own company and as you beat a level your company will keep getting bigger in bigger. For the final level you could end up being a global company. Also it seems like most people would like it for PS3 but it should be created for all systems (360,Wii,etc.) that way you dont have to go buy a PS3 to play the game if you have another system. Also I dont know if you guys watch the show deadliest catch with the crab fishing, but they made a video game based off of that show where you crab fish and build up your fleet you pick your boat and then pick from a roster of guys who are rated like picking baseball players then go fishing. Although I dont know how popular the crab fishing game was, I think if they made a game about crab fishing they might be willing to create one with heavy equipment. The company that developed the game was Liquid Dragon Studios so that may be a company to start looking at to create a heavy equipment game.
Patriots88- thats a good point that they made a crab fishing game. never thought about that. they should be willing to make an equipment one if the make that deadliest catch game. and you are right it should be for all systems
Definately! I like that idea of staring your own company from the ground up, like buying a backhoe, or excavator, any machine, as long as it includes all the major brands, and some of the more popular ones as well that are not as big as Cat, like Doosan, Takeuchi, Bell, you know. It should also include all the European and American truck brands, as well as Hino and Isuzu, to make it as realistic or fantastical as possible. There could also be a bank, to loan you money, making the game a little more challenging, as well as bidding on big contracts, small jobs by the phone etc. Now that would be awesome!
I'm more of a computer guy. Don't get me wrong I love my 360 but I've always been a huge fan of Real time strategy games (RTS) Like command and conquer or Star Craft where you have to build bases and factories. I would love a game like that you know build a yard and progressively gain machines stuff like that I would love. Send machines out to job sites and things like that would be a fun game. Finance expenses hire or buy lowboys and other things. Hell if I had the knowledge and funds I would make a game like that! Maybe a little too much whiskey.. -Josh
has anyone tried john deere north american farmer? the graphics are cool, all new jd equip, i like the format you dont operate anything but you deal with the bank buy new equip and farms and comand all the different tasks, a company called bold games developed that one. i would like to see one endorced by cat with all cat equipment from the little stuff to the giant stuff, with different modes like starting your own company to actually running a 657g push pulling
Make it for Playstation II then you could still play it on psIII. I won't go buy a new system for one game but would get it for the PSII system!
yeah i bought the deluxe edition with the farmer and builder. personally i didnt like it, it was really confusing plus it crashed my brand new computer. which is like really really good computer 4gb of ram 600g of hardrive you guys know what i mean :Banghead lol. but no i just want a good performance high graphic game.
Well so far it seems that most people want a game where you start small and then get bigger and have real life interactions such as going to the bank, actually driving to your job site and buy equipment. It seems that the game should be made for all systems and I think thats a good idea. Any other ideas that you would like to see in a game? Thanks for all the input guys.
they should have the controls like ps3 and also have a city where you can do free roam work.it would need to be super realistic and cover all types of machines.. paving, demo, trucking, etc.. it WOULD make money. from kids to ceo's i think alot of people would buy it.
What I am going to stress to the company that will make the game is make it as relistic as possible with great graphics and sounds, cover all types of mcahines, have controlls that make sence, and a free roam where you can get in a truck load a machine and dig a hole or dump some dirt somewhere or anything else. This game should be made like a real life construction/equipment company. Get some work the player accually loads machines on trailers, gets out of the truck unload the machine ect and do a free play or have the levels as jobs.
man i was just talking about this the other day, i would definatley buy it if they made it and i cant count on my hands and feet how many other people i know whod buy it
After playing the bagger sim (really tested my rudimentary German!) I would say that the important things would be a focus on realism. Loading an excavator bucket by pushing it down curled up just ain't quite right. As well as equipment being able to climb piles so you can have a nice table to use that excavator. Terrain issues such as clipping should be avoided at nearly all costs. I ended up with a dozer stuck half deep in the concrete slab and a dump truck with a track stuck inside the curb as well as the loader falling through the ramp and then driving through a pile of dirt twice it's hight. Little glitches can make a fun game frustrating. As far as controls a playstation controller would be great, but for the PC set I would say something with user defined controls as well as supporting dual joysticks would work well. It would be kinda neat too if you had the ability to drill and blast or use older equipment like draglines. And of course you gotta have realistic reach with the equipment, the excavator on the bagger game could barely reach below the tracks and the cylinders weren't in all the way, major bummer. I do like the idea of building up a company though.
the bagger sim game is fun for a while but really lacks the finer details. hell yes i would pay good money for a gold class game
The main thing for a game like this isn't going to be graphics or any other aspect except the physics engine. If the physics isn't up to the task, it gonna do the same thing the bagger sim does, glitch to hell and back again. Getting it made for a console would be even harder to get done, but I imagine not many of us have computers up to the kind of processing the physics aspect will take. The problem comes from having to make the whole terrain out of particles and each particle has to be small enough to give a realistic. If it gets ported to the computer just plug in a wired 360 controller and you get 2 sticks a bundle of buttons. Really the best way to make an excavation game would be to make it like simfarm/simcity. You run the business and not the machines. Makes everything way simpler to develop and its still a cool game. I always thought EA would make another simfarm but i guess they don't feel the same. If you can get it done i'll buy it for sure, and i hope you can.
Just wonderin on the progress?
Not sure how I missed this thread, but I'd buy it, I am curious of the progress to...
I have been researching some information of how these games are made and what companies to contact. Seems like the other guy that was going to help gave up. Haven't heard from him since the idea was thought of. Its a lot of work for one person. Anybody want to give me a hand?
What all is needed? I got school during the day, might be able to do something when I get home from school?
Yeah, don't know what all needs to be done, but I usually have Mondays & Tuesdays off.
I got my x-box warmed up and waiting... make sure you include demolition... everyone likes that!
I'd Pay about $200 for something that was real enough with like, Project Management, Human Resources, Foreman, Operator Skill type deal. Something that you could work your way up from maybe operator to Boss! Something with like bidding on jobs for the work and lowboys and fuel trucks, maintenance men and stuff like that. I am not sure for like the wii, maybe for computer though. Very Good Idea!
If something was real, like someone said along the lines of Simcity, then hell I'd be into coughing up some cash for it, don't forget to include us nutbars that site up above a job site in a tower crane!... PS...if you want a hand, send me a PM, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand where I can in helping you convince the gaming companies...EA has studios I think in Vancouver?!...I'm a hop skip and a jump away
DUDE! what kind of monster TC are you in that it can handle that much weight? In my rebar hauling days I had TC operators balking at 3k pounds at half mast. PS, not sound and the cable comes down creeps me out big time, maybe you could have a little 2 stroke diesel screaming to make us feel better?
LOL...I suppose TC's have come a little ways since you were hauling rebar then?...We have 3 my size around town...The company I work for has a couple Liehberr's leased from Morrow right now that I believe are capable of 2 to 3 times what I have the capability of...We do own a few cranes that are from the 1960's that max out at 10,000lbs to 15, 000 at the mast...and obviously considerable less as you trolley out. First Lift i was ever in a crane on was a 20,000lbs fly table, that the operator I was starting my apprenticeship under was lifting out of a slab...I have a HVAC unit I lifted a few weeks ago that weighed in around 15, 000lbs almost mid-way on my jib...
Well my thought as of now is if alot of us email the gaming companies and explain what we want and have the proof to back it up that it would be phosphorous they might see that it would be profitable to them so they might consider making a game. Just a thought. Any other ideas on how to attack this?
Maybe we should post this question on another Forum like or T r a c t o r b y n e t and get some more "want" for this type of thing..
That will give us some more ideas and feedback.
Alright, I'll post a thread on LS, since I am a member over there...
Sounds good. I dont think that we would need to post this on tractors by net beacuse then it might turn into a farming game.
ah, good point, but they have a construction equipment section if I remember correctly, I dont know, couldnt hurt, worse thing that could happen is we dont tell them about that source of info.. I'll post a thread there with a link to this thread in the morning...
that will work. you want me to check it out?
found the construction section and posted a thread.
Maintowoc has a really great crane simulator Any modern crane series they have a file, it's fantastic. I like the 2250 or the 16000 version
Sweet! I'd really love to have a game where you can start a company or work for a company and work your way up...
That would be awsome if this accually works.
It'd be really awesome, just hope the market is there to produce such a thing...
I think that if we get enough input from others they might see it as profitable.
well me and diesel have been working on this but havent seemed to make a dent in all the work we have to do, any ideas or suggestions to help us out?
Posted a thread on LS....
Having any luck there. Have had a few good ideas form tractors by net. Customizing machines and having manyjobsites and types of work to keep it from getting boring.
Eh, I got mixed results, I am goin to bring it back to the top, might post it in another place over there. But most of the answers were either yes, its a waste of time imo, or they didnt answer seriously (imagine that.. haha)
Wow. Sonething I thought was interesting was that by having specilized controlers for the machines.
Yeah, it'd be a lot more fun if they had actual joysticks for running the trackhoe instead of just using a regular Playstation remote or something..
Deffinitly would. I tell you some people have great ideas that I would never have thought of. Good thing we are asking.
Yeah it is, do you have any idea how we/you are goin to address a game creating company with this idear?
Not really that shure. I was thinking along the lines of some type of something to email them or mail to them outlining what we would like and the facts on how many people like this and what they want. Something like that.
I am going to copy the link to the dozer and excavator thread so others will be able to see it.
:nono That's what's known as "crossposting" and is generally considered bad "netiquette". I'm sure anybody interested in this topic has already read it in this forum.
Sorry about that, I just thought that it would be a good way to get some more people involved. I will not do it again.
No harm done. Don't worry about it...
sound like u all havr great ideas anyways that i can be of an help?
I Found a few sites check em out and let me know wat u think? http://www.tucows.com/preview/332832 http://www.download-free-games.com/simulation/construction_destruction.htm http://psx.ign.com/objects/572/572017.html
There were a few machines in some of the Grand Theft Auto games that were fun to play with, even a few cranes.
Anybody seen ditch digger?
Will there be any chasing of the greenie treehuggers with a bulldozer? What about bribing the local officials to win that contract? Hiring hitmen to take out the competition? Seriously though the problem I see is that there is two schools of thought here, one is the machine simulation and the other is a business simulation. Personally I would go for the business simulator type, a machine simulator would get real boring real quick, the stick goes down, the bucket digs in, the boom goes up, now do it a 1000 times but hitting the truck will loose you points, as will half buckets BTW I voted no, as I would not buy a equipment simulator but would a business simulator and I enjoy playing transport tycoon now and again
ya, i like that idea a lot more though.It would be cool if one could actually operate some of the equipment, but it is not essential. But the equipment needs to be realistic, like what you get in all the car and racing video games, ie brand realistic, and should have as many models as possible available. Trucks, tractors, earthmovers, and the occasional van and pick up truck
It would be fun on the Wii.
ten years ago i and some computer programmers tried to make a game. we had three machines that we modeled. the effects were good for the time. we even had force feed back controls for the game. we contacted game companies and were told that there is no market for it. i wish you a lot of luck in this.
I'd buy one, but would want it for the Wii system.
You are 100% correct there is no market for this. I contacted a few companies and that is exactly what they came back and said.
Dang, that sucks.. Sorry I been slacking, I dont hang out around here to much and for some reason I didnt get an email?
I don't think there is anything else we could do.
ubisoft may be interested in something along these lines. They make the 18 wheels of steel games.
value soft. got my games mixed up. sorry.
Something similar will be very interesting! With hoe joystick for the WII will be soo funny!!! Frenchy:canada
My boy would like it!
ooo I like the construction destruction game! =D I think I'll get the full version ^.^ for free!!!
my first instinct tells me that it would not be nearly as interesting as it is in real life, but then the gaming industry did successfully market sports fishing and air traffic controlling games...
FELLAS BEWARE I HAVE FOUND A STIMULATORS THAT HOOK UP TO 2 JOYSTICK CONTROLERS TO YOUR COMPUTER HERE THE WEBSITE: http://www.williambellfive.com/caterpillar/requirements.htm
Maybe put it online where other operators playing can work together on projects. My 2cents