Does a hose have to spring a pinhole leak, on a jobsite, yet when tested before before goin to the job, no leaks evident? Sigh... Anyway, its on a Lowe hydraulic augur. Took hoses off, leak was where the hose comes outta the box, I suspect a rub problem, anyway, took'em off, went to colliflower store, 2 new hoses about 6' long, 1/2 id hose, 4 fittings, 4' of fiber wrap, on 1 end of each hose, plastic armor(on the suspected rub site). Anybody want to gue$$? While I was in the box, adjusted the chain drive a little tighter, has 2 nuts on the motor slide, that I'm gonna have to bend a cheap open end wrench, to fit!
I'm saying it cost 375dollars
Just a little on the high side, there, Tyler...
Why does bad stuff happen when you say it should be a easy day or an early finish to the day?
Dam hoses, Dave ! 3500 psi ? $120.00 a hose for Parker or Aeroquip ? I got hosed last week. $100.45 for a 1 inch x 18 inches 4000 psi. He won't see me again. Dirty s#########h.
Might as well as call it a bingo, Tinkerer, $237.48 for 2 6' long 1/2" hoses, with JIC fittings, on 1 end, and sae straight, on t'other end. Also had 'em put a foot of plastic armor, on the box ends, and 4' of the fiber stuff, on t'other ends. It states 4000 psi, on the hose, can't 'member the name, but the bill sez series 43 hose, iffn that means anything to ya...
First time out plowing snow this past season I blew a hose. Replaced it and then blew a hose again the second time out. The plow is only 4 years old so I looked at the rest of them and they were in poor shape. Most of the local parts stores I depended on for hoses have closed up when the national brands came in and the national brands don't do hoses. Managed to find one of the locals that still does and it was over $500 by the time I was done. Hoses ain't cheap anymore if you can find someone to make them!!
Just for what it's worth, I'd have about $50.00 in material, (plus the hose wrap, didn't look that up) in making those hoses. If you gave me $237.48, I'd throw in the wrap.
Steve.. MOST of the rental places have their mobile trucks that are equipped w hydro hose making machines.. so next time u see 1 driving by, grab'm & try to make friends..
-8 4000 psi hose is expensive anywhere. I'm familiar with Parker series 43 fittings. That is what the guy I used to go to used. Never heard of a series 43 hose tho.
-8 4000 psi couplamatic hose costs me $2.11 a foot That is not real high pressure for -8 hose