Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Why are all the trucks for sale on Craigslist single or triple axles in the back?

emmett518 ยท 2022-06-07 13:32

I'm kind of keeping my eyes open for a two axle in the back dump truck. Yet, everything I see for sale is either single axle, or tri. Is there a reason for this, or am I just imagining things?

Replies6
  1. #1crane operator2022-06-07 13:52

    Commercial hauling guys can scale more weight legally with the tri axle in the back. Haul more, get paid more.

  2. #2Tinkerer2022-06-08 10:41

    You aren't looking in the right places, Emmitt. I see them for sale quite often. We call them six wheelers in my area. If you find a nice tri-axle, the aux. axle isn't that hard to remove. Although I can't imagine doing that.

  3. #3Truck Shop2022-06-08 14:26

    Your looking for a ten wheeler, there around. Several out this way for sale. You don't want a mid-west-east coast truck anyway---Nothing but a Rust bucket.

  4. #4Tyler d4c2022-06-08 14:33

    Hey now we take pride in our rust buckets we pop riveted the second new floor in the cad for the year yesterday

  5. #5Vetech632022-06-08 17:44

    Don't big trucks sell for $1000 on Craigslist

  6. #6Truck Shop2022-06-08 18:28

    $999.99. and no low ballers or free ballers. My wife knows what I have so no talking me down.