I've seen that none of the cranes say from Liebherr to Tadano have the prices revealed to the general public. Now why is that? Sure you can make a guesstimate with the help of used cranes, but an accurate price tag would help, right? Just something that I've observed. Thoughts?
The general public doesn't buy high dollar cranes. If you were to go to a crane dealer with a several million dollar letter of credit, you'd get royal treatment. Then you'd either overpay or start to negotiate price.
I have never seen prices listed for any large equipment.
I was also guess that because of low production and alot of built to order that it would be hard to price or they dont like to because its kind of like biding a job. Also if you have to ask.
That was my thought too, they are likely to be built to order and priced when specc'ed out. I do building maintenance and when I have to contract a job out these days my quote is typically good for just a week because the materials market is so unstable. Used to be 30 days for quotes. Some quotes have a clause written in they would be adjusted for increases in materials cost.
You don't just walk into a dealer office and buy a crane. You buy the base unit and then add all the jewelry that you need to be able to do what you want. Everything is an additional charge. Counterweights, tire types and sizes, amount of line, boom sections, head ache balls, hook blocks, type of monitor systems and on it goes. Prices are all a generality until numbers go onto paper in the form of a quote.
I've yet to walk onto any truck or equipment dealer's lot and see a price tag on anything.
Once in awhile you will see prices advertised on near new machines that did not work out for some reason. Sometimes rental fleet stuff shows up. It wasn't long ago that some big Cat stuff showed up on CatUsed with asking prices twenty to thirty percent higher than actual sales prices we experienced on new iron. Other line items on the quote will be finance charges if any, UCC filings, freight, dealer prep, taxes and so on and so forth. Why do you ask the question?