Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Will haulers load a mini excavator?

4lane · 2020-08-26 23:16

I’m looking to buy a mini excavator at auction where I won’t be present. I’ll need a hauler to pick it up and ship it to me. Will the hauler load/unload himself or do they not touch the machine aside from chaining it down? Does anyone have experience getting a machine shipped to them?

Replies4
  1. #1805DirtDog2020-08-27 03:05

    They’ll load it. Part of the job.

  2. #2seville0092020-08-27 06:44

    They should load and unload it; they don’t want someone swinging the boom and smacking their cab, or tipping it over during the process and damaging their truck and trailer.

  3. #34lane2020-08-27 10:34

    Good point. I suppose they are pretty self sufficient in handling/transfer all aspects of the machine, paperwork, keys, etc., but is there anything else I should be aware of during that process?

  4. #4kshansen2020-08-27 11:00

    The above answers the original question but I will add mine. If you are not going to be present for the auction, do you really know the condition of the machine? If it is being inspected by the auction company be very careful to read and understand every word the post about it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they are going to mislead you. But if you are not going to inspect it personally or have a knowledgeable person you know and trust be prepared to the possibility of unseen problems. You can not expect an inspector for the auction company to work the machine hard and spend hours checking everything out.