Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Will it work Convert Komatsu D65E PS to D60 Manual Clutch keep PS

LOFAYTX ยท 2022-03-26 13:21

Guys I have been thinking about this for years. Will it work Convert Komatsu D65E with PS transmission and torque convertor to D60 Manual Clutch keep PS transmission? Use the clutch to stop and start the tractor but be able to shift up or down a gear in forward while plowing. It would cut out all the heat buildup from the torque convertor. I have a D65E with bad Cummins engine with the old external fuel lines. I want to power it with a little newer Cummins engine that has internal fuel passage and a turbo. I will set it up with not too much more HP than it had. I want to build it as a plow tractor. I know its a lot of work but I love a challenge!

Replies1
  1. #1epirbalex2022-03-26 20:39

    I've seen comments on here where a number of D8K's were converted to direct drive using D8H transmissions for ag work in Australia . Late model D155's have torque converters that can be locked up , it would have much the same effect as a direct drive as far as fuel economy goes probably the heat issue to . Komatsu are working on what you are doing . Would it be better to increase cooling capacity and repair the engine on the dozer like it is ?