Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Willie59 reaches a Forum milestone.

digger242j · 2015-01-25 21:10

As near as I can tell, the above quote was the first 10,000th post by any member of this site. And it passed totally without fanfare or even mention. Nobody else is even close yet. I mean, we all knew the guy was long winded, but damn... Seriously though, there are few people that have earned my respect in the manner he has. In addition to his role as a Moderator, he gives selflessly of his encyclopedic knowledge to any and all that have need of it. He exemplifies what this place is all about. I think I can speak for every one of us in saying, Thank you, Willie. :notworthy I want to be the first to congratulate Willie on reaching that milestone, and look forward to celebrating his next 10,000. :drinkup

Replies35
  1. #1CM19952015-01-25 21:21

    Right on Digger! Congrats Willie!:drinkup

  2. #2willie592015-01-25 21:42

    Whao, wait, what??? I was so busy running my mouth I hadn't even noticed! But in all honesty, I appreciate the accolades, but that's not what I'm all about, I've said it before some several thousand posts ago that I've done a helluva lot of stuff in my life, more than I can even list here, and therefore have a whole lot of stuff in my head. And by virtue of that experience, and by no means to self aggrandize myself, I would be most disappointed in myself if I didn't share at least a little of the knowledge that I've gained over the years as opposed to never share it and instead it pass away when I expire, and thanks to Steve Frazier, HEF has provided a way to do just that. I have to tip my hat to Steve and say thank you. :drinkup

  3. #3CRAFT2015-01-25 21:49

    Hahaha !!! ….. What's more amazing how you get anything done with ALL the posting you Do !!!! ……. LOL ….. Congrats Willie !!!! ….. your Posts are always enjoyable and full of Useful Info ……. Cheers Buddy !!!

  4. #4JBGASH2015-01-25 23:44

    Thanks Willie59, You are indeed a wealth of kind & helpful information to everyone here, your time and posts are very appreciated!

  5. #5Steve Frazier2015-01-25 23:58

    Holy smokes!!! Congratulations willie, and thanks for all you do here on the forums!!! :notworthy

  6. #6grandpa2015-01-26 06:06

    That right there is proof your a bigger windjammer than me!!!! But I'll take my hat off to ya anyways. Congratulations.

  7. #7bill onthehill2015-01-26 06:10

    I thought he had slowed down posting lately...must spend too much time polishing that pretty new truck he runs. Congrats Willie!

  8. #8RonG2015-01-26 09:02

    Willie,my hat is off to you and I agree with you wholeheartedly,sharing what we have worked so hard for over the years is really the only satisfaction that we can realize after all that work which was fun to us at the time. I am at the stage in my life that helping others is about all I can do and we do it without a care as to who gets the credit.Carry on brother.Ron G

  9. #9FSERVICE2015-01-26 15:56

    willie congrats on being the first to post 10000 times!!! I for 1 am grateful that you take the time to share your wealth of knowledge with all of us on this forum, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! LOL just don't overexert yourself... LOL

  10. #10alrman2015-01-26 19:21

    :salute Big congrats to you willie59! :salute What a Champion effort! :drinkup Thanks for all the hard work, cleaning up this virtual room we all like to share :thumbsup Apologies, that I have not made any artwork to commemorate the occasion, (as I have had a fair bit going on lately) Hope you still have the mental capacity to complete another 10,000 ! :tong

  11. #11Mike L2015-01-26 19:43

    Who's willie? Never heard of the dude.

  12. #12willie592015-01-26 20:01

    Then you're one of the lucky ones.

  13. #13John C.2015-01-26 20:01

    Super job Willie! You are a star and celebrity for us all.

  14. #14clintm2015-01-26 20:29

    well done willie

  15. #15mikebramel2015-01-26 20:44

    Thank you

  16. #16Nige2015-01-26 21:52

    Kudos Willie. Here's to the next 10,000 ...........

  17. #17willie592015-01-26 22:00

    Nige, with all the contributions you've made here it wouldn't surprise me if you passed me up. :drinkup

  18. #18mitch5042015-01-26 22:32

    I wonder how many it would be if TGIF posts counted? Cause lets not forget, Willie contributes a lot of BS to HEF as well.

  19. #19willie592015-01-26 23:03

    I think that would apply to a good number of members here mitch, and yes, I'm full of it. But when it comes to BS, I wager Tiny got me beat there, he's about three sizes bigger than me, a lot more room for BS to accumulate inside Sasquatch. :cool2

  20. #20Tiny2015-01-26 23:34

    Brother Willie , Work all day on iron of every sort then set down at home and talk about work all night long . Thank You Sir . However...... These are planted around his place for a reason.... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

  21. #21John C.2015-01-27 00:37

    I am wondering how many key boards or computers have you worn out?

  22. #22lantraxco2015-01-27 01:46

    Willie, I hope we're both still here when you hit 20K. :drinkup Keep up the good work :usa

  23. #23seatwarmer2015-01-27 10:27

    Somebody have to keep HEF alive Congrats Willie, wish I had a 10000th of your knowledge

  24. #24willie592015-01-27 20:45

    LoL, three laptops so far. :lmao

  25. #25herm2015-01-27 21:05

    10000 thats alot of info,not long joined the site,like it very much thanks to people like you its very helpful congrats willie 59 ,looking forward to your post

  26. #26Tinkerer2015-01-29 10:32

    I almost missed a huge event on HEF. Now if we could just add all those PM's you received and answered. Congratulations and, Thanks Willie.

  27. #27barklee2015-01-29 22:57

    :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

  28. #28Shimmy12018-12-20 22:55

    12,000 and counting. Thanks, Willie.

  29. #29willie592018-12-20 23:00

    Hey, I'll hit my 60 yr milestone next year and I love every minute of living it, and my time here on HEF has been a big part of that fun. Love life and love living it.

  30. #30Nige2018-12-21 08:17

    I always ask people - If you don't love what you do, how the hell do you get out of bed in the mornings..?

  31. #31Nige2018-12-21 08:22

    I've had quite a few tea/coffee - keyboard interfaces during my time on HEF...

  32. #32crane operator2018-12-21 09:42

    Thanks for all your time on the site, sharing your hard learned lessons. Here's to the immortal suck bucket.

  33. #33willie592018-12-21 20:03

    Yes, suck bucket 2.0 is working quite nicely, have used it a number of times with excellent results. I hoist a mug to everyone here and wish all a Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year. Cheers Everybody!

  34. #34willie592018-12-21 21:25

    And you're not that far behind me on posts either Nige. Another invaluable member of HEF.

  35. #35Shimmy12018-12-21 21:49

    Only almost as many as I have total.