Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Winch live swivel

Caseybow ยท 2024-12-18 22:22

Good evening everyone. Can somebody recommend a place to purchase a couple live swivels for my skidder. I need one for my Gearmatic 119 and a Can Car 20. Parts are interchangeable between winches, however I have been told the small OEM swivels are $560.00 Canadian plus taxes and shipping. Does anyone know of an after market one that may work and can be sent to Canada? I am In desperate need to get up and running. Thanks.

Replies9
  1. #1heymccall2024-12-18 22:30

    What is a live swivel? Heck, what is a can car 20? Part number?

  2. #2Caseybow2024-12-18 23:06

    Can Car is a make of a winch on my Treefarmer C-5D. It is almost identical to the Gearmatic model 9, 19 or 119. A live swivel replaces the small hydraulic tube in the winch which provides fluid to operate it. Part number is 53685.

  3. #3heymccall2024-12-18 23:23

    So, you need one of these... And Parker and others make similar ones, but, the threads need identified to see if an equivalent is out there.

  4. #4Caseybow2024-12-19 08:13

    That is what I need. I was hoping that somebody has already went through Parker hydraulics or similar businesses so I could get a part number. Thanks.

  5. #5heymccall2024-12-19 10:17

    Biggest issue I see is the one pictured has left handed thread on the stem. It looks rebuildable, though.

  6. #6Caseybow2024-12-19 10:53

    It isn't left hand thread.

  7. #7Caseybow2024-12-19 11:12

    My apologies. It is left hand thread.

  8. #8Hallback2024-12-20 16:50

    We've always called those roto seals

  9. #9Caseybow2024-12-20 17:43

    Another name is a rotary union. Most people involved in the forestry field know them as live swivels. I did track one down which was cheaper through Radwell International. I also discovered that MRO Supply carries what I needed as well. Appreciate your help.