Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

windows 7 64bit verses….cat comm.adaptor3

MrKomatsu ยท 2011-05-25 20:02

:BangheadI have et and my computer can not find the drivers to set up the comm.adaptor i can select the drivers dir..and it still can not locate the drivers it simply says windows can not find the drivers.....help me someone...thanks:usa

Replies7
  1. #1cutting edge2011-05-25 21:19

    Are you 100% positive you're running win 7 64bit ?

  2. #2hvy 1ton2011-05-25 23:01

    64 bit doesn't get along well with a lot of older peripherals. Might be worthwhile to make a partition with XP Pro or something 32bit.

  3. #3Komatsu 1502011-05-26 08:27

    I ran into the same problem recently but to do with HP printer drivers. HP said they had no intention of making Windows 7 64 bit drivers for my all in one as the printer model was obsolete and I should just buy a new one. I was able to make it work well enough using generic drivers that come with 7 after doing some reading on Microsoft tech pages. My printer is 6 years old and not real heavy duty but aimed at the small office market. HP was very unhelpful other than offering me a discount on a new machine. I guess not.

  4. #4MrKomatsu2011-05-27 20:23

    yes iam sure...

  5. #5MrKomatsu2011-05-27 20:26

    the comm adaptor works and it is older then the comm 3.....

  6. #6Lee-online2011-05-27 20:39

    I use sis and ET all the time but we get it all set up for us by our IT guys. I do know we have had issues with windoz 7, It works but has some glitches. We had to flash the older comm adapters to use with ET 2011A. The com adapter must use Comm port 1. Not sure what you have but if you subscribed through a dealer then they should set it up and get it running for you. I can ask around on Tuesday and see if they have ran into this.

  7. #7MrKomatsu2011-05-27 20:41

    thanks.....all the help i get well worth it...........keep the peace