Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Windshield for 580L

Maybeso ยท 2020-06-03 22:03

Just wondering if anyone knows where you can get a windshield frame for an open cab? Just the windshield, Ive seen some 580,s advertised with just a front windshield. Thanx

Replies4
  1. #1Tinkerer2020-06-04 07:49

    I don't know where you can get one. But, it would be quite easy to make one out of 1/4 inch, 1"x3" steel flat stock. Drill it and bolt it to the ROPS frame. The gasket to mount the glass in is readily available. It looks like this --->

  2. #2Maybeso2020-06-04 09:57

    how would you attach the rubber lining to the flat stock?

  3. #3Tinkerer2020-06-04 10:24

    Look at the picture. The lower groove is for the steel frame to fit in. The upper groove is where the glass is inserted. The piece sticking out is what what locks the glass in when it is inserted to the groove next to it. The left, half moon shaped side is the exterior of the gasket when it is installed. Any glass shop make the glass windshield. They would have laminated in stock, but if you preferred tempered it usually has to be ordered. At least that is what I was told wheni replaced my broken windows. I think the last time I purchased a gasket like that was in a 25 foot roll. Those gaskets are available in many different sizes to fit different thicknesses of frame material.

  4. #4Maybeso2020-06-04 16:14

    that makes sense now, thank you