Hi Everyone, Newer owner here and I have a 1963 530CK backhoe/Loader. It was missing one of these star/wing nut washer type things that helps hold the backhoe on the tractor. It works without it, but sometimes pops off with only one holding it on at the bottom. Pictures below. Can anyone tell me exactly what it is called, and possibly point me to some places that would have one I could purchase? Case dealer said they don't sell them any longer, and the last time they did they were $175.00. I went to Heinz & Sons in Mishawaka, IN yesterday but only saw about 8 or 9 backhoes among the thousands of tractors they have there. I think the case part number is D34027. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Jaime
Can't help with that part but if it was mine I'd be looking for someone with a lathe to make up a conical like washer to match the section that fits against the bracket and just install it with a nut that fits the stud. I'm thinking the "wings" are just to help turn it on and maybe put a pipe on it to tighten it down. If you lived close to me I'd make one up for you. If you wanted to get real fancy you could have someone torch out the X out of a piece of flat stock and weld it together. Just a thought, maybe check with a shop that works on big trucks, might find a lug nut with that tapered/cone shape seat that would work.
Thanks, that is a good idea. I have found one of them that a dealer still has in stock, but of course it is Hawaii, so shipping plus the $177.00 price makes it a bit of a pain for a $3k backhoe. I will keep searching and try checking with some big truck shops. I am calling around trying to find a parts tractor as a donor, but haven't had much luck with my search as of yet.
Jaim ......Try Dale at e-backhoeparts.com here is his # 765-378-3396 and he is in indiana......
Is there something missing here? Looks like that bracket is torn, missing the back side? If so, you need to make a plate to weld onto the bracket and then cobble up something to screw over that chewed up looking stud. Easy fix, but finding another of those star widgets isn't going to make it better. Joe H
that slot is in the bracket so it can be detached and reattached, if it was a solid ring, it would have to be able to spread, or the stud come out to drop the hoe.
I can't help with the wing nut problem. But I was thinking, if you have no plans of dropping and disconnecting the backhoe unit from the machine, maybe just weld everything together and to heck with the wing nut? Just an alternative option that may or may not work.
Maybe cut the hex portion of it off and use a grade 8 nut on it ?? If you could put a longer stud in the BH frame that would be even better.
x2 on dale @ tractor stuff.. opps.. I mean backhoeparts.. WILLIE>> your a nut case LOL
Hey, just exploring all the options.
Thank you everyone for the ideas. I spoke with Dale today and he thought he had one, but called me back at 7pm (surprised at that), and said he didn't have any. He is going to check with some other salvage yards and see if he can find me one. He said the 5 or 6 530's he had were the newer style that didn't use the same attachment method. I also hadn't thought about just welding it on, but think I may someday want to restore up this old machine and would like to keep the option to remove the hoe. Hopefully Dale can find one. Thanks again! Jaime
Makes sense to me jaimwolfe. If one looks at modern loader/hoes they're all one piece, don't split apart, hence the reason I suggested welding it all together. But on the other hand, to have an old rig in its original intended condition/configuration, well, ain't nothing wrong with that. :drinkup
Here is a picture of it, in case people aren't following the 57 page long picture thread. Thanks again!
Send JC Marleau an email to [email protected] . Nice guy, ships out fast.
anyone have an idea of the socket size for the D34027 backhoe wing-nut?