Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Winnemucca, Nevada

Brodiesel ยท 2018-06-01 22:05

We moved to Winnemucca, Nevada. Were building a house. Any HEF guys live here???

Replies6
  1. #1Ronsii2018-06-02 00:42

    Don't live there... but drove though it a few times to go opal mining northwest of there

  2. #2Mother Deuce2018-06-02 18:06

    Royal Peacock... about the same temp as the center of the earth LOL!

  3. #3Truck Shop2018-06-02 18:40

    I was toting my pack along a dusty Winnemucca road when along come a semi with a high canvas covered load.

  4. #4Birken Vogt2018-06-02 20:42

    I've been there twice in a past life on range fires. Since there are no trees, I remember weaseling a 4x4 fire truck to straddle across a little gulch so we could set up lawn chairs and have half an hour of shade to eat our lunch.

  5. #5Ronsii2018-06-02 21:37

    Yep it was hot as a frying pan!!! and lots of snakes about ,also went a few hours further into the desert to mine for some of the hardrock opal (dry) it was some cool stuff but really small nodules of actual opal... still have 20-30 pounds of it around here somewhere.

  6. #6blitz1382018-06-04 19:34

    I go to Winnemucca often. We service several mines in northern Nevada.