Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wire ID? 2004 John Deere 210LE

Plongson ยท 2017-04-03 19:04

After reading about the fire on the unattended backhoe, I looked at the battery cutoff on my loader. Over the years, someone has worked on the wiring...not a surprise. The cutoff switch does not cut off and the system is being back fed by a FACTORY wire connected directly to the battery. This really does not seem right. My factory wiring manual is older than my loader, and consequently the wire numbers don't match my newer model. If anyone has a manual that covers a 2004 JD 210 LE, could you look up B18 (red wire) and P10A, P10B, P10C, (red wire) and see what you find...or better yet, take a picture and post it?? I hate following up and fixing someone's hack...LOL THANKS!!! Paul

Replies3
  1. #1Plongson2017-04-04 16:41

    Well, I have no idea where or what that B18 red wire is or what it goes to. Couldn't really identify any other connection except for the battery, even the ends looked factory. If it is a factory connection, it seem nuts they would have it back-feeding around the main battery cutoff, which I really didn't like. I ended up leaving the red connected to the battery and the black to the other side of the main disconnect. This way, it's at least hooked to what ever it goes to, but is isolated when the switch is off. Sure make me feel better with all this talk of machines spontaneously bursting into flames!! LOL JD sure holds the service manuals and diagrams VERY close the their vest. I could not find anything anywhere on the internet regarding my wiring.

  2. #2hosspuller2017-04-04 17:35

    Actually, Deere is very open with their manuals, they just charge $$ for them . The big issue is figuring out what is the number for the manual you need. There was a operation & test manual and also a repair manual for my 310C. The test manual has the wire diagrams. The Deere web site doesn't spell this out but does bring it up if the correct number is searched. I suggest you call the local dealer and ask their service manager which manual shows the wiring for your machine.

  3. #3Plongson2017-04-10 19:49

    Called my Deere dealer and got the info on factory manuals...about $400 for a hard copy and $250 or so for CD/DVD, $150 for an online subscription for POD or print on demand. Not cheap but absolutly necessary if you're gonna wrench on your own machine...just haven't slung them any cash yet...