Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Won’t move!

Gopher1 ยท 2015-06-18 15:46

There is good news and bad. I tried to start my Case 350 dozer today, after sitting for several months during the winter and it busted right off. I was quite happy and grinning from ear to ear until I tried to move it. I put it in low gear, then in reverse and nothing, then I tried forward and nothing. I did notice that when I put it in reverse on each occasion, that I could see the left drive sproket through the chain, move slightly. It did not move when in forward only reverse and only the left side. I checked the trans fluid and it shows just under full and it was working fine when I parked it. No strange noises when going back and forth from forward to reverse. I am curious, if I were to try and push the dozer backward, when the shuttle shift in reverse, if I could break loose whatever is stuck? Or is there something else going on. It has rained alot in Texas over these last months and I did notice that the tracks are pretty rusty, could that be part of the problem too. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Replies0

No replies yet.