Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Won’t turn off

Backyardrafy ยท 2014-02-24 20:26

I'm new I have a 305cr cat that don't turn off at switch. I can start it but cant turn it off . Somene help please....

Replies7
  1. #1LT-x72014-02-24 23:44

    Im not familiar with your specific machine. But Im going to guess it has a electronically actuated solenoid on the injection pump to cut fuel when you turn the key. I would start my investigation there.

  2. #2Deeretracks2014-02-25 13:11

    LT is right. There is a small motor the pulls a cable to shut the fuel off. 2 of our Cat mini's have had the linkage fall apart. You have to remove the seat and the plate behind it and peer down into the darkness to see the linkage.

  3. #3Cutterjohn2014-02-26 06:30

    A serial (PIN) number would help, just taking a wild guess thats it's not a grey market machine. I don't see a 305CR, but I have a listing for 305C CR. Like LT said, you should have a fuel shut-off solenoid and it should mount on the governor end of the fuel injection pump.

  4. #4Cep2015-01-07 13:54

    It has an electric solenoid with no power at shutdown, were dose it get power from?

  5. #5lantraxco2015-01-07 17:32

    Is it power to run, or power to shut down? The power to shut down systems typically have a small timer module that pulls the shutdown solenoid in for so many seconds, then opens the circuit.

  6. #6oregon96pd2015-01-07 20:17

    All of the above is correct. We had one do that and one of the wires going to the solenoid had fallen off, I just crimped a new end on and plugged it back in...all good again.

  7. #7Dale Beeson2020-05-17 10:32

    Did you ever figure this out? What ended up being the solution? ignition switch? relay? solenoid? wiring?