Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wonder why this happened?

Bls repair · 2020-02-08 15:49

I have a little repair job coming up

Replies10
  1. #1Ronsii2020-02-08 16:01

    That road salt is a killer for trucks bodies!!!! of course the demo concrete doesn't help

  2. #2Vetech632020-02-08 18:43

    Im pretty sure that is why someone invented JB Weld.

  3. #3Theweldor2020-02-08 18:44

    If you think that is bad .... wait until after you dump that block of concrete out of there!

  4. #4Bls repair2020-02-08 19:59

    I guess it’s easier to fix the truck then break the concrete .

  5. #5Truck Shop2020-02-08 20:21

    Actually it's the reason for welding fab shops, they like people who do things like that, it improves steel sales.

  6. #6Tags2020-02-08 20:34

    That looks like a fairly "cold" weld, I would think if it wasn't it would've really bent the side out or bent and ripped the steel. That'll be a fun fix regardless of the reasons. You should send them to a large rock job next....keep you nice and busy.....would have loved to have been there for that..... "think it'll fit?" "Sure looks like like it, what's the worst that could happen??"......

  7. #7Bls repair2020-02-08 20:44

    Asked the owner how far he wanted to go with some other things on the truck . He said if it needs to be fixed then fix It,Can you paint also.

  8. #8Bls repair2020-02-08 20:50

    There is no weld . It’s a landscaper truck ,the sides fold down for access.

  9. #9Tags2020-02-09 10:45

    I'm a moron, didn't see the hinges on the side. I was too busy laughing at the piece of concrete.....

  10. #10Bls repair2020-02-09 10:54

    It took a few looks before I figured out what was going on.