I recently bought a 2004 Deere 270c lc excavator and have been doing a few side jobs. Anybody know what going rate for this machine would be reasonable?
Here in ND, not in the oil patch, I'd be charging around $200/hr. I get $160 for my 210 right now. But, it also depends on your competition. What size hoe are they running? What kind of work are you doing? The kind of work I do, a 270 would be more productive for my tree work, but would make no difference on my ditch cleaning. I run a 7' bucket already. It really depends on what kind of market you're in. If hoes are plenty and jobs are few, you might only be looking at $180/hr. But, if there is a demand for the machine, $210 might be possible. The rate depends on you. Hope this helps.
You also have to take into accord what kind of work your doing. You need more for clearing and rock than you do for bulking out topsoil. Someone has to pay for the added wear and tear from certain jobs.
Here's how you figure your rate - Cost of operation per hour + cost of labor per hour + cost of the piece of iron per hr (purchase, repair and replacement) + overhead per hr + profit margin = Your rate.:cool2 Mobilization should be figured separately as it can vary. Hard bid jobs I usually add another O&P % above my hourly rate.