Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Work in Alberta

Madman ยท 2007-03-31 07:12

So, anybody know what companies are hiring operators in Alberta ? Wages, experience needed, etc... etc... etc...etc...etc... ?

Replies3
  1. #1plowking7402007-03-31 08:29

    Almost EVERY company is hiring here. Wages depend on experiance, and sometimes all the experiance you need is a heartbeat. I just started a new job with a excavation company where I run their grader and I am making good money AND I get a company truck. the only drawback here in Calgary is the housing. Depending on how you want to live, it can get very expensive, and from what I have been hearing on the radio, Edmonton is getting as bad if not worse. Here in Calgary, I have found that Grader operators/Hoe operators are in most demand followed by truck drivers and some say Bodcat operators but there is a company that is Always looking for scraper operators Grader and hoe wages go from 22.00 up to 35,00. depending on experiance and how desperate the company is. (remember, there is a reason that some of these companies are desperate.) If you get into the oil patch, the wages go up a little higher. but I not sure how much. :beatsme what do you operate? can give you some names here if you want.

  2. #2Madman2007-03-31 08:51

    Yeah names would be great, numbers even better ! I'm in a heavy equipment operators course right now until May. Learning how to operate excavator, backhoe, loader, dozer, skidsteer, roller and articulating dump truck. I also worked in the woods for 10 + years with/around lots of different forestry equipment. Also have a 2 year welding course certificate, but not looking for work as a welder but could do some part time welding with a construction company if I got hired. Give me all the info you can, thanks.:beatsme

  3. #3mtb3452007-04-03 13:23

    i could use a few names of companys i been running iron for 20yrs loader,dozer,excavator,and scrapers