Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

work pics

dozert8 ยท 2009-02-28 07:48

72" jack and bore for 48 " water main

Replies11
  1. #1JS580SL2009-02-28 10:50

    Cool pictures, do you run the excavator?

  2. #2dozert82009-02-28 11:43

    yes I'm the operator usaully a one man band. theres multiply phases of that job so one day I'm digging 33' deep with the 400 the next 4' with the 420 backhoe also have had 138, 228, 950, and a new d4k they are the best company I've ever worked for and when we need another machine it's a phone call away we have over 1200 machines and if I need another guy we just call the hall and get a guy

  3. #3stretch2009-02-28 21:44

    Sounds like a good outfit. Who do you work for?

  4. #4JS580SL2009-02-28 23:51

    Ive seen one of Creamer's 420 backhoes in my town in Mass. a few years ago. Don't know why it was up here though?

  5. #5dozert82009-03-01 07:33

    I work for J fletcher creamer out of NJ but my job is in yonkers. and the 420 in mass was the 420 I'm running right now the union operator tha had it in mass put his union sticker on the window forget which local it was we work all over the country we have jobs in Ny,nj,ca,ga,fl,de,my and others

  6. #6dozert82009-03-06 11:03

    more pics 48" raw water main on top of 8" pile caps

  7. #7Pecord Exc2009-03-06 13:12

    Nice job you got going there, I know the city engineer for your project pretty well, should be a scottish guy Bob, correct? If its not him then I think it may be big Vinny. This is down on Wharburton right?

  8. #8john10662009-03-11 21:01

    The mass local is Local 4 out of boston

  9. #9plantman.uk2010-01-08 16:37

    in the pictures why are the idlers to the front of the machine?..i was always taught idlers to the back for 2 reasons...1 if it slips your first reaction would be to push the track pedals forward and not try to push your toes down on the back of the pedals which is very differcult to do in a reaction situation.2 the idlers are where your track adjustment is so digging over the idlers puts pressure on those seals...only my opinion if you guys think different let me know

  10. #10stock2010-01-08 17:58

    Here we go again Sprockets to the rear always there must be at least three threads here explaining the virtues of the why and the whats,

  11. #11dozert82010-01-08 22:54

    I'm a third generation operator and all my uncles and most of my friends operate to and the first thing your taught is idlers forward especially in the street any boss or foreman I've had will judge you by that