Just stumbled onto this. Enjoy! More pics and details available here: http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Workshop/Trencher.htm
Actually, that is a strip mining machine, I believe in Germany. I had seen some pics of it some time back. Evidently it takes about 3 operators to run it. The pics I saw showed a cat (D7 or D8) that it accidently picked up and dropped into the discharge shoot. Don't know if anybody was hurt or not.
Search is your freind this has been posted many, many time here....just saying...
Yeah, I searched "Largest Trencher" and didn't find anything. Sorry for the repost. I'd love to see the pictures of the dozer it picked up, where's that thread?
sorry man i didn't mean to sound like an ***...
No offense taken. I know it's frustrating. Just know that I tried.
Hell yeah...this one I knew as bucket wheel excavator (bagger-garzweiler).
yes, it is big enough
huge man
Let me see here. I had a picture of the dozer that was picked up on my computer somewhere...... Here's the link: http://www.mechanicshub.com/images/stories/jreviews/41_kruppdistance11_1229638943.jpg If you can believe it, or not, the Bucket Wheel Excavator was used in the Midwestern United States to retrieve coal. Mainly in Illinois and Missouri, but primarily in the Illinois Basin coalfields. If you want pics, I have one or two of them working here in the US and yes, they are massive. Just like the Power Shovels and Draglines that work next to them!
I saw that story of the move they had to make with this monster, on the Discovery Channel I think it was. It nearly got stuck if I remember right, getting into some really soft stuff and putting it dangerously out of level. Awesome pics Lexy, thanks!!!!!!
Lexy, you . . . earthmovers link asks me for a password
DrJim the link Lexy put up worked for me with no password.
TK, I tried the earthmovers link again, http://www.pbase.com/lexyky/earthmovers , and it still asks me for a password.
it's HUGE!!
That thing is huge! It's amazing how people can operate this kind of machinery. Sincerely, William Jefferie Forllift repair Chicago