Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Worst Case Cost Senerio for a complete final drive rebuild on a 955L?

Fred from MO ยท 2011-03-25 12:04

I see a local sale for a 955L that has one entire final drive out. Any estimate on a range it would take to repair this item on the machine. They want $6K for it? Can a do-it your selfer do one without issues? Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1wagspe2082011-03-25 21:22

    Fred.. you still don't have a loader? You really should not have passed on the deal... a 955L? K? Maybe? I have been told final drives are a mother. To do and $$. Now, with that being said, call your local cat dealer and see what they want for a used one. Or calll Chartrand equipment in Red Bud, IL. 618-282-2585. They have tons of used stuff. Talk to John. ONLY John... you will thank me later for that one. No, I don't work for them. I just picked up a new track adjuster spring and gauges from them. Nice guys. John knows his stuff (seems to me anyway) Wags

  2. #2wagspe2082011-03-25 21:24

    Oh, and if it is the outer final drive, NOT the bevel gear and steering clutch part, can't be horrible. If it is the bevel gear and steering clutch case.. well, I don't know but probably a lot tougher. Wags