Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wottizzitt??????????#???????????????

Deas Plant ยท 2008-11-05 15:19

Hi, Folks. Here is a photo of the open hood and top of the engine on a crawler tractor that is in the process of being restored here in DownUnder. Wottizzitt??????????????????????????????????????????? Make and model of tractor and make of engine, power and displacement? I do have more photos. This is just a tease and test to see who knows what. Anybody want to shop for 'jenn-yu-wine' parts for this jigger and cop the bills. I don't think the owner would mind. Really.

Replies19
  1. #1stumpjumper832008-11-05 16:36

    guessing never hurt, this cat d-6, 8u has a simular protrusion comming out from the front of the hood. Not a clue on the engine.... http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...6313530&GUID=B33C27E0503B4C91A0359BCBFC8A283C

  2. #2ForestDan2008-11-05 16:46

    Why that there's a Smegma 3000 Clodslinger! Haven't seen one of them for quite awhile! Tough machine. Parts are tough to find.

  3. #3surfer-joe2008-11-05 17:11

    You got me Deas. The rocker cover retainers resemble older Detroit's, but then it looks like there are injector lines running off the right side, which Detroit's never had. The paint color appears similiar to Euclid's, but their radiator was in the rear. My guess is you found another British oddball, and we will have to see more pictures.

  4. #4WabcoMan2008-11-05 18:01

    Deas, I think it could possibly be an ADN, possibly a model 130. As for horsepower & displacement I'm gonna have to go back into my archives & have a look. The exhaust pipe location is the giveaway.

  5. #5qball2008-11-05 20:44

    by jove! close, its the model 3200. it has a larger exhaust bearing and a stronger flamshooter

  6. #6Northart2008-11-06 00:09

    Id ? Well it's not American Bred, for sure. Looks like a front cable unit. :beatsme

  7. #7WabcoMan2008-11-06 01:50

    OK Deas (and greetings from across the "ditch" by the way), The WabcoMan says its an Acieries du Nord (ADN) 130, sometimes known as an ADN 14 in Australia. Powered by a 6-cylinder MAN diesel of 126 hp. Displacement 5.9 x 7" per pot. Operating weight of around 18 tons. A true mild steel monstrosity ! ointhead

  8. #8Deas Plant2008-11-06 06:57

    All Hail, Wabcoman Hi, Folks. All Hail, Wabcoman. Hegottitt. ADN 130 - late 1940's - early 1950's imported into Australia through a company in Bundaberg, Queensland, 'cos yer just couldn't get Cats then. MAN diesel, 18 litres, 126 hp, 4 cylinder pilot motor start. Good stuff, Wabcoman.

  9. #9JoeinTX2008-11-06 07:04

    Wow, must say that I've never heard of it. :notworthy My pride is now hurt but I must, simply must, see more pics and have more info on this beast to feed my machinery addiction.

  10. #10Deas Plant2008-11-06 08:29

    Another Wottizzitt teaser. Hi, Folks. Here's another 'Wottizzitt' for you. Sorry I couldn't mow the grass before I took the photo but it was almost 300 miles from home. JoeinTx, IF you're a REAL good kid, I might, just MIGHT, put you out of your misery with more pics soon.

  11. #11JoeinTX2008-11-06 09:14

    I promise, I promise.......

  12. #12surfer-joe2008-11-06 15:47

    Hey! How about more pics of the ADN? You said you had more.

  13. #13Deas Plant2008-11-07 07:35

    More pics of ADN. Hi, Surferjoe. All in good time, m'boy, all in good time. I'm having fun with this one.

  14. #14WabcoMan2008-11-07 18:37

    2nd Wot-iz-it Hi Deas, How about a Hanomag K-10 ?

  15. #15Deas Plant2008-11-07 19:06

    Sorry. Hi, Wabcoman. Sorry, Can't give you a prize for that one.

  16. #16JoeinTX2008-11-09 11:31

    Deas, that second pics of yours looks like a shot at the U.C. of the same ADN, no? I went digging looking for the odd blades I mentioned above and I couldn't find much other than this.... http://www.album-mmt.it/details.php?image_id=5920 If you'll have never been to MMT it is loaded with images from the 1930s to today of all manner of equipment. Only drawback is that it is in Italian but you start to figure it out pretty quick.

  17. #17MKTEF2008-11-09 13:38

    I'll give it a try. A real old Komatsu, D50-D85. Real difficult to find something on the net.... But they got two upper rollers and that type of finals.

  18. #18Deas Plant2008-11-21 06:59

    Gottitt. Hi, Folks. JoeinTX gets ther see-gar this time. As pro-missed, more photos of the jigger. The blades on these tractors were inside mounted. If you look carefully at photos 4 and 5, you can see the push trunnions on the side of the main frame. Note the spring equalisation, no equaliser bar.

  19. #19Deas Plant2008-11-21 07:06

    Moor udda saym. Moor udda saym. Tha, Tha, That's all, Folks.