Built in 2020, this machine does not have extra hydraulic auxiliary lines going to the bucket. I am trying to sell this machine but the lack of the thumb kills every sale. Can I use the lines going to the bucket by spitting them with a junction and an electrical solenoid to divert between thumb and bucket? I have that type of set up on an older 40 Hitachi that changes between the offset boom and the thumb. It has a lever that you move up and down but the trouble is you need to get out of the cab to use it. Also where would be a good place to buy a thumb and cylinder ready to weld to the arm? Someone told me of a place in Texas called Titan that sells stuff like this.
https://www.machinerytrader.com/listing/for-sale/240268921/2024-thumb
Somewhere in this old thread from the toytractor net is the how to to add or split hydraulics for a thumb. Custom hydraulic backhoe thumb This thread will describe what I went through in the design and build process for a hydraulicly operated thumb for my Prairie Dog backhoe attachment. Those who have seen my previous DIY thumb postings will note the many similarities to my Fixed Mechanical Backhoe Thumb (1st and 2nd... www.tractorbynet.com Joe H
Deere500a: Thanks for the link. I noticed quite a few thumbs on E-Bay, . I also see i can buy a diverter for the hydraulic line with 12 V solenoid with 6 ports so I can do a junction /diversion at the bucket. Can run a wire to a rocker switch in the cab to finish the job.
Pressure relief needs to be set up when curl bucket thumb pressure relief will let it travel without thumb will be a stiff leg thumb bucket power will bend the thumb cylinder
Yes, on my other machine I notice when the bucket hits the thumb if I do not raise it, it will push the thumb cylinder back in with no damage. I will let my mechanic who was a Helicopter mechanic do the proper hydraulics to prevent damage
Stupid thing watch for some manufacturers have 1 way flow blocks installed on the cylinder. pressure right hoe but block will prevent it til higher pressure
??
Pardon Our Interruption...
I'm trying to understand, too. so here is the ebay description to peruse: The hydraulic top link we offer replaces the existing top link on the tractor and makes your daily work easier. A double-acting control valve on the tractor is necessary for this - an unbeatable combination in combination with the integrated locking block .When adjusting the hydraulic toplink, it is very important that the adjusted position is maintained even after a long period of time. This is hardly possible with top links without a locking block, as the tractor's control units do not lock so tightly. This top link is therefore equipped with a locking block. With this valve, the oil is enclosed in the cylinder by a check valve. Only when there is oil pressure from the tractor again does the valve open and the cylinder can be adjusted. The hydraulic top link is made of high-quality steel and features a high-strength steel piston, threaded gland with wear ring, polished chrome plated rod, and welded steel base ends. It is designed to withstand heavy applications and extreme weather conditions. The piston and rod seals ensure excellent sealing performance, preventing oil evaporation, air leakage, and piston blockage.
Interesting timing. My neighbor was drunk shopping on the **** last year. He was waiting in anticipation for his mail order hoe to arrive for months and this box of attachments showed up, instead. I told him he could ship his hoe to me because they needed business address to deliver. He asked me to help make it go away before his wife sees it. There might be a thumb in the box you can use. Don’t low ball me. I know what I got.