I'm working on a DVD of the film I have transferred so far as a way to raise some money for more supplies I use in the transfer process (film reels, film cleaner, splices, hard drives for storage, etc.). I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in buying one.
bring it on, brother.
Not just yes, but hell yes!
R G did not talk very long with out explaining how to be made right with our creator.It seams like this DVD would have the same flavor and I would be honored to help in any way I can.
I would buy a DVD tournadude, I have been fascinated by RG's ingenuity and his machines for many years. RnR.
I would. i have the letourneau legend book it would go good with it. Being from Toccoa GA where RG had one of his plants some of former employes would love to see it
Tournadude Ill for sure buy one, Ever since I was a 10 year old a family friend showed me the few illustrations from Moving Heaven and Earth and I really got the bug after seeing all the Tournapulls and the Tourna Layer. I caught the bug right then. It was hard to get information and pics when I was that young and no internet or real leads. I ve got 4 books. Moving Heaven and Earth , Mover Of Men and Mountains, RG Le Tourneau Equipment The Mechanical drive years and the other one The Electric drive years. Ive even talked to 2 managers at the VIcksburg Plant and was told the big 3 wheeled dozer and 4 wheel dozer and the old winch tank dozer were still used to help position Jack rigs.
Yep, I sure would. If the price were reasonable. I am more into Michigans, but I like all of the old stuff.
Thanks for the feedback guys. I do have a copy of an old VHS of RG speaking at a college graduation (Toccoa, GA 1966) and the sound is very good, but the video is very bad. I'm hoping that it was an early transfer (70's) of a film and that I can find the original film. I made a DVD for my father, who is not so comfortable watching videos on the internet, and I put that video and one of my grandmother "Mom" LeTourneau as well. It was the same, poor quality video but good sound, from a VHS. I'm working on the sound side and may be able to get the sound of those diesels on there too. I have all these videos in full Hi Def 1080P, but it is a challenge to figure out how to put that on a disc. Bluray is still a pain in the ass to author, but the only alternative is data DVD's that would have to be played on a computer hooked to a Hi Def TV, or maybe a playstation/xbox. Don't know how many have those hooked up. I am working with LeTourneau University on trying to get some grant money/donors to fund the work too. My philosophical bent is to make them free to watch on the web, but we don't have any money yet and I'm running out of supplies to do the transfers. I may also look at putting some machinery art on t-shirs, mugs, posters to sell as well. It's easy to just upload art to an online store that manufactures the stuff and they give you a cut of the sales. I'm just trying to keep the project moving forward.
I sure would, luv to some pics of those machines working. Cheers RDG.
Absolutly, i would buy them ,i really liked the two snowtrain i saw in Fox and Fairbanks Alaska this last summer, i always have been interested in the big Letourneau machines .
I would buy one of those DVDs. Wabco scrapers (designed by LeTourneau of course) were one of the machines that influenced my decision to become an operator.
I'm working on the DVD. I figure it needs to be more polished and professional than the youtube videos where I do minimal editing. But another angle I'm developing, for raising money for the archive digitization is to sell stuff with RG's machines on it. If you are interested, check it out. All the profits from the sales will go to the digitization efforts. https://www.cafepress.com/Tournadude
Absolutely!!!!!
I'd buy one, I love your Youtube channel!
Thanks trakloader. I'm working on one, but have gotten sort of slowed down by a "day job" I'm working lately. I should have some more time to upload some new film/videos by this summer and maybe even put together a DVD of "highlights".
A day job! That's no excuse, we demand more videos now! Haha! No worries, I really liked the videos of the logging machinery. Some pretty unique stuff there! We have a Model YC-22 electric arch at our museum, it may be the only one left. Sadly, it is missing its fuel tank, and there is no floor in the cab.