Does anyone have or know of a 4000lb or so, wrecking ball for sale. looking for a used one with a good price. How big of one could I swing with a 210 size excavator? Does shape make a difference? Seems like every summer I get a job where it would be nice to have. Any of you guys have experience using one on a excavator?
Yair . . . . Guday farmerlund. I don't have time to look around but I recall there was a thread a few years back with an extensive discussion about wrecking balls size and shape and what all . . . it might pop up a search. Cheers.
HeavyEquipmentForums
Postage may be a bit steep! Gives you an idea what weight Europeans reccomend. More than double what you are looking for, so should be no trouble to handle. https://www.finn.no/b2b/construction...nkode=89700688 1 piece 4 tons, 3 pieces 6 tonnes available for delivery end of April. 3 pcs 5 tonnes available for delivery in May. Mineralteknikk AS supplies high quality crushing balls in several sizes. Rockmonster bullets are produced in a tough specialty alloy that prevents cracking and / or splitting Of the bullets. Produced in Europe with 2 years warranty Standard stock size: 4 tonnes ± diameter approx. 990mm. About. Machines up to 25 tonnes (depending on drawstring) 5 tonnes ± diameter approx. 1070mm. About. Machine up to 35 tonnes (depending on the drawstring) 6 tonnes ± diameter approx. 1130mm. About. Machine 35 tonnes and upwards (depending on the drawstring) Other sizes on request Rene Landmark tel. 90238887 Nils Ivar Reiten tel. 91797089 Arne Kenneth Øvstebø 90122419
If you can't find a ball a counterweight off a forklift works well particularly the type with a hole were the air gets to the radiator. All you have to do is rap a chain through it and tie it to the machine and you're in business.
https://www.purplewave.com/search/w...ompressed&=undefined&searchTerm=wrecking+ball I watch this auction site some. Those show auctions from the last two years. Looks like around $1,000-3,000 for most of them.
Craigslist Philadelphia in wrecking ball for sale . Need to call to get info
Thanks for the replies. I like the counter weight idea. was looking around my junk but nothing solid enough. I am not in a hurry, so I can keep looking on the auction sites to.
KCMO Craigslist has one too. Just get Homer Simpson to ride a cable choker haha
xxxx
Used to use a 4-5 ton ball w/ a Kobelco 210. It worked very well, though we didn't swing it, we picked it up with bucket and thumb and dropped it.
That's what I was going to do also. now I just use a big piece of concrete, but sometimes its hard to get the first big one broke off. Chaining it to the bucket looks interesting and dangerous.
never thought about using it that way. Well, I never actually used one as well
I'd think that you could use a hydraulic hammer, hydraulic shear or a demolition grapple/shear on your excavator to accomplish what you want done provided you have a sufficient machine.
You might call/look here: http://www.gerhartmachinery.com/accessories-attachments/wrecking-drop-balls/ Rick
I have a 1000lb ball for sale
What's the opinion on pile driver drop hammers for wrecking balls? I just bought two trailer loads of stuff and included are 3 pile driver drop hammers. Not quite sure on weight yet but they sure put a squat in the trailer when we set them on there. Maybe 2 or 3k lbs for the bigger one. I wanted the dragline bucket, clam, and hook block but the guy wouldn't split up the package so I ended up with a bunch of pile driving pieces. TDF
That 3,000 lb drop hammer in the top picture could work well. I could see that busting up some decent size concrete. The biggest issue would be the flat bottom would be detrimental to point loading the impact. Perhaps welding up a steel pointed attachment securing with cable or steel loops into the side hooks similar to the driving bonnet it would of had on when in use as a pile driver would really make it hammer. (Pun intended.)
In demolition, prefer the controlled way with the use of diamond core drill. But wrecking all is less expensive especially for general demolition.
I used a drop hammer on some concrete, if you can get it to fall perfectly straight it worked pretty good. Punched a rectangular hole through the basement floor. If it landed on an angle just a small hole, does seem to work as good as a round bottomed ball. The round ball did more damage, due to the shape and not having to land perfectly each time.
Good to know. Thanks. If I do use one for demo, I'll be dropping it with an old P&H crane so might work pretty well. TDF
Although many building owners prefer controlled demolition nowadays, there are still those who opt for wrecking balls. I agree that we should really consider the size and weight and the demolition site as well first.
I use an old Forklift rear weight, kind of trapizod shaped. 5,000 lbs solid cast. I pick it up with thumb and drop it or toss it.