So I just realized that we have been supplementing/adding the wrong hydraulic fluid in our JD 323E skid loader. We changed the hydraulic fluid a few months ago due to milky looking fluid. The unit was flushed and the correct fluid (HYDRAU) was installed. We have been adding HY-GARD instead of HYDRAU. Can't really find anything at the dealer or online regarding this. Any suggestions on problems? Should I just empty and flush again? JD Tech support states that the correct fluid HYDRAU is about 40% thicker but didn't know any other information.
Welcome to HEF, LHenryP1 ! I wouldn't worry about it. Hydrau is just another way for mother Deere to get more of your hard earned money. It amazes me that a dealer can't explain what it is. Hydrau is a new hydraulic oil in the John Deere lineup of oils Hyrau is a mineral based oil. AW46 is the viscosity. Hydrau XR is a synthetic blend.
Welcome to HEF LHenry ! The correct oil depends on your serial number and whether you have a cold start option or not. Either way, do not use Hygard. Hygard is a powertrain, axle, and transmission fluid specifically designed to minimize gear wear and brake chatter. I recommend you change and flush your system and install Hydrau. Hydrau XR if you have the cold start package. Hydrau is an ISO 68 mineral based oil, XR is an ISO 46 synthetic oil. It is the additives that separate it from Hygard. John Deere has not used Hygard in the skid steer lineup for years (since the 200 series).
Thanks for that MG ! I should have kept my bad advice in check. I didn't know that the newer skidsteers require a different oil.