Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wrong way to park your sideboom

JDOFMEMI ยท 2012-04-19 00:16

I found these pictures of an accident today. What I know is per the following quote: "On 9/29/2011, the unit was involved in an accident due to operator and procedural error. The unit flipped over several times. The engine was running upside down and eventually shut itself off. Damage includes, but is not limited to the boom assembly, operator platform assembly and the engine. There is also damage to the top side and lower side, with all items above the frame rail completely destroyed." The accident took place near Vernal Utah, according to the info I have. Pictures and text from Salvage Sale website: http://salvagesale.assetnation.com/...source=SS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=44999 If anyone knows more, please feel free to add to it. It looks like it may not have went well for the operator, to put it mildly.

Replies5
  1. #1robin yates uk2012-04-19 05:25

    do they sack you before the burial or after ?

  2. #2WerkBrau2012-04-19 09:15

    Wow, this looks brutal.

  3. #3JDOFMEMI2012-05-04 20:01

    Only 2 replies? I guess this one got lost in the shuffle. I will bring it back up for those who missed it.

  4. #4hvy 1ton2012-05-06 23:04

    If machines have feelings, that sideboom is not a happy camper.

  5. #5seohhdny2013-12-20 13:09

    A roll bar would have been helpful. Companies need to do as much as possible to keep operators safe, even on equipment as old as this one!