Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

X15 DPF Issue

Hunter013 · 2025-11-20 13:07

Truck keeps derating and requiring parked regens every few days. I swapped the DPF and DPF differential pressure sensor and ran a regen and it came back later the next day with a 4 oz soot level. When I plug into it, the only codes it shows are ones about the DPF differential pressure being high and it has one 3382 for the EGR. I read up on Rawze's EGR tune up and thought about trying that. To start with, I changed the IMAP sensor and the EGR differential pressure sensor and they were pretty packed with soot. After I changed those sensors, it had no codes the whole next day and a low/normal soot level. The day after that, it came back with the "stop engine immediately" and a soot level of 5 oz. Should I clean out the whole EGR system and replace the EGR valve and cooler?

Replies16
  1. #1Coaldust2025-11-20 14:15

    I wouldn’t mess with the EGR, at this moment. The EGR cooler will start leaking, soon enough. How many miles, engine hours, idle hours\% does this beast have?

  2. #2Hunter0132025-11-20 14:24

    230,000 mi. 11,000 hrs. I don’t know the idle time, but definitely higher than I would want. I’m having one of my guys take off the cross over tube and the tube between the cooler and the EGR valve to check soot content in there.

  3. #3Coaldust2025-11-20 14:45

    Has the DOC and DPF ever been removed for cleaning or replaced?

  4. #4Hunter0132025-11-20 14:53

    DPF was replaced last week and was reset on insite. The doc was not cleaned or replaced. It did not looked sooted up, but had some markings on it. View attachment IMG_0239.jpeg

  5. #5Hunter0132025-11-20 14:54

    Soot inside the pipes are pretty minimal

  6. #6Coaldust2025-11-20 15:14

    With that tube off, you could fire it up and do a snap test. Just to rule out the injectors. I would consider having the DOC cleaned if there is a local place. You could do a parked regen and watch your DOC temps. But, I don’t dig into these things very often. Only, when nobody else is available and I’m stuck figuring it out.

  7. #7Truck Shop2025-11-20 17:56

    The DOC should be cleaned at same time as DPF, everyone of our X15's needed both done.

  8. #8Hunter0132025-11-20 21:34

    Would a plugged DOC throw DPF soot level high codes?

  9. #9Truck Shop2025-11-20 21:45

    Yes, it can setup/trigger dpf codes.

  10. #10Hunter0132025-11-20 22:13

    View attachment IMG_0324.jpeg View attachment IMG_0325.jpeg I see some of my max DPF outlet temps were higher than the inlet. Does that indicate a bad DOC also?

  11. #11Truck Shop2025-11-20 22:31

    That I can't verify.

  12. #12stinky642025-11-20 23:00

    What is DPF outlet temp. during regen, unless north of 1060 degrees for decent amount of time regen won't take, any attention been given to "7th injector" doser valve? What is doser pressure? They don't always throw code if "doughnut" is carboned up. Been a couple of years and several beers, but that rings a bell.

  13. #13Hunter0132025-11-21 06:12

    Based off of the regen history, the DPF outlet temp seems to be between high 900’s and a little over 1000 degrees. The x15’s don’t have a dozer valve. The injectors dump fuel on the exhaust stroke to send fuel downstream.

  14. #14cuttin edge2025-11-22 05:28

    Hope you are able to delete your problem. Sorry I meant defeat.

  15. #15Hunter0132025-11-24 11:52

    Truck just threw a 1664 Diesel Oxidation Catalyst Missing. I'll be getting both DOC and DPF changed and go from there.

  16. #16Coaldust2025-11-24 16:37

    T$ just gave Troy Lake a full pardon. Just sayin’. Odds are, a fella won’t spend much time in club fed.