X15 CM2350 X116B 300K miles, 15K hours Pulled off the exhaust manifold and turbo to fix a broken manifold bolt. Saw 2 exhaust valves are leaking oil. Exhaust manifold is dry. I’m assuming I caught it pretty early. Should I just replace the valve seals? Or is that just a temporary fix and I should send the head out to get checked? Some people seem to say it’s early for this failure and others say it’s within the range for this to happen. The truck was not going through any oil and had no lack of power issues. That being said, I lean towards just doing the seals and getting some more life out of the head
I wouldn’t worry about that. It will drop liners or toss a rod out the side before that little bit of lube oil causes a problem. 300K -350k is about as far as we get from a CM2350.
If it is deleted don't worry about it, otherwise it can cause more frequent regen issues. I have changed hundreds of valve stem seals, made a tool so just the exhaust seals could be replaced without pulling the injector. would mostly find the seal on the jake valve popped off the stem, then Cummins updated to the top hat type seal that stays in place ...but still can leak.
Do you have a picture of this?
I did on my old laptop but that got lost/missing so unable to post one, sorry.