Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

xcentric anyone?

Spangles · 2013-11-12 05:42

Heya Anyone owns and has any thoughts on the xcentric ripper? comparison on here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRYb6iPbL0g

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies6
  1. #1mitch5042013-11-12 08:02

    My first thought on seeing that title was: "Most of the members here."

  2. #2caterpillarmech2013-11-13 05:52

    Agreed. I like the idea of it. Don't know if it would handle some of the flint and dolomite around here. We need to get a sales rep on this side of the pond first.

  3. #3buckfever2013-11-13 19:18

    Looks like it would great on shale but getting in harder limestone would probably slow it down quit a bit.

  4. #4John C.2013-11-13 21:22

    I got a PM about it about six months ago and found a dealer in British Columbia. I contacted them and asked for some literature and never received anything. That particular dealer also sold breakers so I'm thinking they want to sell those over the Excentrics. I watched lots of videos and it looks to work good without throwing all those impact spikes into the carrier. I agree with caterpillarmech in that they have to get some demo units here and a dealer serious about selling them.

  5. #5Spangles2013-11-14 05:49

    Well gentleman, on this side of the pond, straight from the stealer's mouth, quote to suit a volvo bl71: Net Price……….£15’200.00 + vat (20%) Atlas Copco it is then.

  6. #6cutting edge2013-11-14 08:21

    Ive seen a couple of them at work up here in BC. Asked the operators about them, apparently they work really well with few problems