XCMG does anyone know this brand, it is from China and in Asia it is one of the 4 top sellers. in my country they sell a 5 ton mini excavator full extra 27,000 euros and a 3 year warranty. to buy or go to used which will obviously create a lot of problems.????
Do they have any service centers for that machine in your country? Who's going to fix it if it breaks?
I'm in GREECE. the out of range dealer told me he has trusted partners.the point is whether it is a reliable, strong and durable machine for at least as many years as it pays for the purchase cost
Basically you'd be buying a new machine at second hand price and getting the same hourly rate as a top of the range machine. And if you own one you'll probably always own it. As with any make of machinery dealer support is everything unless you have excellent tech's and mechanics around you.
I have seen one for sale in machinery trader and that's it. I doubt anyone will have experience with them who posts here.
with the money I will buy the xcmg I will buy a Caterpillar 2010 - 2013 with 8,000 working hours. I always talk about mini excavators up to 5 tons.
on the forum hey, I'm always unlucky about what I ask, no one knows anything
An xcmg dealer Popped up in my local city a few years ago but the business was already well established selling other machinery and had a reasonable reputation. I enquired about a 210 model and the price was amazing for the machine which was loaded with just about every extra you could possibly want. Machine looked good, well made and not lacking in quality. cab was real stout and interior plush and not tacky. Well…..my opinion changed once I sat down. Seat felt like a wooden park bench and visibility was poor. It only got worse when I ran it as it was a dog of a thing, jerky rough and just anything but smooth. stumping Was the only application that I thought it could be ok for. I had a quick look over the 5 tonne machine but didn’t operate, it looked ok but who knows if it was decent or as bad as the 210. If you’re set on buying a cheap Chinese machine see if you can find an SDLG dealership, they have a 5-6t model and have a good reputation. There’s a bit of history there with Volvo and would be the first Chinese machine I would go for, sadly they don’t sell their medium to large machines here in Aus.
There you go, a report by someone who actually pulled the levers on one. Somebody knew something.
On a 5 ton XCMG I would not judge it only by the purchase price or the warranty length. The practical question is whether the local dealer can prove parts and support before the machine is down. I would ask the dealer for a written parts/support file: - exact model and serial range, not just "5 ton XCMG" - engine model and engine-plate photo - hydraulic pump, swing motor, travel motor and control valve tag photos - filter numbers, belt numbers, seal-kit numbers and common hose/fitting standards - bucket pin, bushing, track width, sprocket, roller and idler dimensions - stock photos of fast-moving parts in Greece or Europe, not only a promise from China - warranty exclusions for hydraulic parts, electronics, travel motors and undercarriage - expected delivery time for one urgent part, with freight cost If they can give those details, a new cheaper machine may make sense for lighter work. If they cannot, I would compare it against the used Cat by downtime risk, not only hours and price. A 3 year warranty is only useful if the dealer has the parts and authority to act quickly.
I know nothing about them but ahearn rentals had a bunch of them in their fleet. They’ve since been purchased by United Rental so I don’t know if they’ve weeded them out
Excellent Reply!
qty (3) years later.....
Bot scraping.
Maybe after 3 years, someone would have some excellent reviews, good or bad.
We have a dealer here. Excavators and loaders. Not selling many At least not local
...and here is the latest BOT...
Was... That's why you shouldn't respond to them...