Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Xcmg xe35u Aux hydraulics

sollie_87 ยท 2024-08-07 22:31

Good night everyone. I have a 2023 xcmg xe35u mini(4ton) excavator. Which has 1way aux hydraulics. I want to run a hydraulic thumb on the machine. My question is is there any way of converting one way aux to 2 way aux? Also another question is it possible to change bucket and linkage bushings and pins from 35mm to 40mm? My machine has 35mm pins and I'm finding it hard to find quick hitches to fit it. The stick gap is 144mm, c-to-c is 195mm pin is 35mm. Even hard to find manual quick hitch for it. I'm entertaining the idea of making my own QH if I can't find a 35mm pin qh or if I can't fit 40mm bush and pins in. I also have a pic of the hydraulic schematics if that helps anyone to answering my original question to the converting from 1 way to 2way aux. Any and all help is appreciated.

Replies10
  1. #1sollie_872024-08-08 06:45

    Here is the hydraulic schematics picture.

  2. #292U 34062024-08-09 01:28

    Kinda looks that function is capable of 2 way flow when I look at the schematic. Does the Aux spool on the main control valve have a pilot line running to each end?

  3. #3sollie_872024-08-09 18:43

    Hey thank you for your reply. Im just putting it out there that Hydraulics is pretty new to me I have a little understanding of them. I think i have a picture of the main control valve (I think it is from following the hoses routed to the spool and back to the right joystick pilot. Edit: Red triangle to right pilot control Green to tank Blue to dcv aux

  4. #4KSSS2024-08-10 12:05

    You may try to find an owners manual for the machine, it would surprise me that the machine doesn't have two way hyd. There should be a valve somewhere to switch between the two. Sometimes is beside the cab or maybe on the valve bank somewhere. It might be electronically switched as well. You can call someone like Werk Brau or others, they can build a coupler that attaches to your machine but has a pin grabber with a different sized pin.

  5. #5sollie_872024-08-10 16:56

    Hey thanks for your reply man. I have the op manual, that's where I got the hydraulic schematics diagram picture from in my first post. These Mini's come fully loaded with 1 way and 2way aux hyd , quicker hitch, and hyd. thumb. Well the ones being sold in the USA. I live in the Cayman Islands. My machine imported from XCMG in China. The dealer(not really a dealer more like joke company) here that brought in these mini bought like the basic version to sell. They said if I wanted 2 way aux it would be an additional $5-$6k. Just to add 2way aux. But from what I've been seeing online there looks like a way that it can be converted from 1 way to 2way aux. Trust me my friend when I say I've searched all over this mini looking for a valve that you could just toggle to switch the flow with no avail. Searched through the very basic limited display features also.

  6. #6oceanobob2024-08-11 09:42

    Besides the uncertainty of the structural issue of the contained forces in the dipper and the thumb cylinder, have you considered a mode valve for the bucket curl to manipulate the thumb cylinder? Probably considered this but likely realized the circuit relief for the bucket is quite high. This is true but not certainly not optimum: One machine I am aware of allows for the the small ram for the thumb to bend when the thumb is overloaded. Simply adding a relief to the mode valve (cylinder swapping electric over hydraulic valve) with a lower setting and looped bypass to address the volume change (if such valve is available $) will be one solution until the thumb cylinder is isolated and the thumb gets a boost from the bucket. My presumption is a bucket with thumb (or grapple tined) with a electrically operated reversing valve (mounting location?) to change the direction of the movement will probably also be a solution. Said bucket assembly built to take full system pressure should be established with mfg prior to purchase.

  7. #7Shop Dweller2024-08-11 10:03

    There is a way to do it with an electric valve and an old type floorboard headlight dimmer switch. I come from logging, and when delimbers first came around most of them weren't mounted, they were on wheels with a type of anchor for when in use. But most loaders back then didn't have enough valves to run one. So we used to get electric switching valves. Just a simple magnetic selenoid valve like many powershift transmissions etc. use in an aluminum diverting valve body. Then we would mount an old type headlight dimmer switch on one of the control levers to switch it's flow route. Can't remember the details on the valve because all this was 25 years or more ago, but shouldn't be hard to find online from maybe Baum Hydraulics, Surplus Center, or Grainger. Anyone dealing in hydraulics should be able to help. With what you are doing you will also want a port relief built in one leg of that valve as well to prevent damage to your thumb I would think, and it seems like we put a bypass loop in those circuits somewhere and I don't remember exactly why. I think it was to stop the ground saw from running while the delimber saw is running. Should be easy on a mini excavator. On those loaders we were dealing with 1" line and #16 Jic fittings and 60 or 70 gpm. And those knuckleboom loaders were just toys compared to what we use now.

  8. #8sollie_872024-08-11 12:57

    After looking at the machine again and the hyd schematic, It does have a pilot line on each end of the aux spool.

  9. #9sollie_872024-08-13 11:37

    Ok fellas so I just stumbled across this hammer plumbing diagram in the very back of the op. Manual app. Hopefully it can help on of you to answer my converting aux question. I just want to know if I need just plumb a hose or 2 differently and what other valve or fittings I need to add in. The hammer is actually controlled by pushing a button on the right hand joystick instead of a pedal like the diagram says.

  10. #10KSSS2024-08-13 22:17

    A hammer is one way travel, I guess in other parts of the world, 2 way flow is a luxury.