Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yair Scrub Puller

Tones · 2018-11-27 06:37

Does anyone here still have contact with Scrub Puller? The area where he lives has a mongrel bush fire burning at the moment. Iv'e been wondering if he's OK.

Replies10
  1. #1ianoz2018-12-06 07:30

    Tones , I believe Scrub is on the highway South of Miriam vale. The fires were closer to the coast .

  2. #2Junkyard2018-12-06 13:10

    I sure do miss him!

  3. #3Tones2018-12-06 14:54

    I wasn't sure where he lives exactly but knew he's in that general area. On the news the other night it stated that 500 million hectares have been burnt out since August in Queensland, 2.46 acres= 1 hectare.

  4. #4Queenslander2018-12-06 15:08

    Being an old bushy from way back, he probably took some precautions to make his property fire safe... if he was allowed.

  5. #5Tones2018-12-06 17:53

    Yep Q/ lander, that "if" part is a big worry with the absolutely stupid land clearing laws that are now in place. For you folk who live else where the state govt rammed through new laws that bans all land clearing even regrowth just to stave off the greens. Now they are saying that global worming is the cause of the fires. Gees

  6. #6td25c2018-12-06 21:29

    I hope Scrub is off on the water somewhere on a fishing trip reeling them in big time ! He likes to fish . Remember he had some cancer issues in some past threads .

  7. #7Shimmy12018-12-06 23:51

    I wish I knew the "torque converter/powershift" forum he said he was going to make a few laps on. It's not ACOMC, I've checked that numerous times and don't see anybody that could be him.

  8. #8RMXR2019-03-19 01:36

    For those, like myself, who miss the input from Scrub Puller, I just stumbled across a user on another totally unrelated forum that has to be him. Different user name, but related to dozers, and chatting and offering advice on numerous aspects of the subject on that forum. Same language, turn-of-phrase, sense of humour, and yes...……Yair...…………. He sounds like he is going ok.

  9. #9RMXR2019-03-19 03:50

    I just did some more pseudo-stalking. Scrub (under his other user name) posted on another topic on that forum last week. So he's still out there. I'll bet he sneaks back here anonymously for a look now and again.

  10. #10Tinkerer2019-03-19 09:06

    I remember his last and good-by HEF post. He was totally frustrated with the change in the website forum among other things. I also wish he were back. HeavyEquipmentForums