Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yale forklift hydraulic control valve. Convert/modify?

Steve Bowman ยท 2018-08-30 14:48

Well, i would like to convert the mast section of the control valve to two way operation. I had hoped it would just take some slight modification of the spool, but now that it is apart, I am not so sure. I believe it is a yale GL050, but am not sure, as the tag is missing. The tag that is on the front if the truck says Type LP No. A678126. Tag on the valve says it is a 9099166 The spool on the left is the mast section. I thought i could just machine out the missing section, but the coutout center section of the spool is larger and is causing me doubt. A little more investigation is in order, but I thought maybe someone has done something similar. I am going to check the parts breakdown of the valve, and possibly get a spool like the 3rd section, or maybe even a complete section to swap out. I wonder if there was an option on these trucks for two way operation? Thanks

Replies0

No replies yet.