Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yale forklifts good for warehouse work?

TerryH ยท 2014-10-14 09:59

Hi folks, My warehouse company are considering buying a Yale (i.e. http://www.yale.com/emea/en-gb/ ) forklift truck and would like to know whether they're good quality machines before purchasing as we've never used a Yale before. Would you recommend Yale forkifts for warehouse work? Please let me know, yes or no, and most importantly why. I like to hear from real customers rather than rely solely on company websites! Thanks in advance, Terry

Replies8
  1. #1Hardline2014-10-14 10:17

    For the most part they are pretty good machine. Some of the newer machine have less than robust parts on them. For instance the keyswitch is held in with screws into plastic. Had a customer that had something fall on his key and broke all of the switch mounting screws. The machine would not start with the switch hanging. Ended up putting a hose clamp around the whole assembly to get it to start. The repair would have consisted of replacing the entire console assembly$$$$. He ended up selling the machine. If I were a buyer-user I would buy Toyotas. Of all the machines I work on they are by far in my experience the most robust machines. JJ

  2. #2TerryH2014-10-14 10:21

    Thanks for your quick reply Hardline, very useful! Would you say the keyswitch problem/other issues with robustness are fairly common, or was that a rather unfortunate one off? Thanks, Terry

  3. #3gr792014-10-15 02:07

    I drove Yale 4 wheel electrics 6000# capy for over 10 years. Triple mast, side shift forks We leased them with service contracts. Got new ones every 3 or so years. Most of them ran 3 shifts, 7 days. Warehouse, trailer/dock They are the better brand. Pretty tough Comfortable. Get the good adjustable seat option. Good controls (standard), short levers next to seat. Good visibility Of course get correct type tires on any of them and treat them well The AC version was a noticeable improvement over DC Propane: Toyotas suck uncomfortable seat position and long lever controls Cat ok especially the older ones, now same as mitsib, clark ok, hyster ok crown ok All need reg maintenance. Trial them out first. They are all different getting on and off the machine. And living with them every workday.

  4. #4Hardline2014-10-15 08:55

    With that I must clarify my response. This was a gas machine. I have 0 experience with electrics.

  5. #5TerryH2014-10-15 10:32

    Ah, thanks for the clarification Hardline. And thank you very much gr79 for your very detailed response! Will definitely trial them first.

  6. #6Hardline2014-10-15 10:54

    Are you in the market for propane machines or electric?

  7. #7TerryH2014-10-15 10:56

    Electric.

  8. #8Hardline2014-10-15 14:17

    ... I know noting... In my Schultz voice. Lol