Hello folks, I run an 20 year old Yanmar B15 on my farm for small jobs, it's a great little machine. I got a burning smell yesterday and then she blew a fuse and wouldn't run. I had a quick look an couldn't see any problems, I changed the fuse and she's running but I've got no boom control on the joysticks, she tracks OK and the blade works. I'm good with tractors but don't have much idea when it cones to excavators so any help is appreciated.
Good day John & welcome The reason for the fuse blowing must be found, replacing the fuse will not fix the issue. I believe your machine has a control lock out solenoid, it's probable that this will be located nearby to the pumps. If you have a hydraulic schematic, it will help if not follow the feed line to the hand control levers. Kind regards Uffex
Good day Which fuse have you replaced, see attached. Kind regards Uffex
Hello Uffex, Thanks for your reply, after further investigation there is a solenoid with clear indication of melting so I'm guessing this is the problem, thanks for your help, will hopefully have time for a look again at the weekend. Kind regards, John