Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yanmar b50

T200 ยท 2014-04-17 16:13

fOUND A YANMAR B50 FOR SALE LOCALLY... MACHINE HAS 5000 HOURS ON IT. OWNER SAYS IT RUNS MINT AND THE ONLY ISSUES BEING A FEW LOOSE BUCKET PINS AND A LEAKY PISTON. HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN OR USED ONE OF THESE? IT'S AN OPEN CAB MODEL AND IS PRICED AT $9800 IM JUST WONDERING IF IM BUYING A REAL OUTDATED PIECE THAT ISN'T WORTH THE MONEY. IT WILL BE USED A FEW TIMES A WEEK..... STUMPS / LOADING TRUCKS / TRENCHING ETC... THANKS FOR ANY INSIGHT. TODD

Replies2
  1. #1Tags2014-04-18 09:10

    I had one years ago, it was a grey market machine, supposedly had 2000 or so hours, enclosed cab, no plumbing on the stick, it was in very good condition and I paid $15000 for it. I added plumbing to the stick, a hyd thumb, wain-Roy style coupler and 3 buckets, used it for 2 or so years without a hiccup, turned around and sold it for 20,000. Now, this was when equipment like those B50's were everywhere, you don't see em as much now, but mine was great and I think Yanmar still will supply with parts, but I would do a little research on that with some local Yanmar dealers.

  2. #2yanmarman2014-04-30 21:20

    T200 That's too much money! with 5000 hrs. I would think its only worth about 6000-7000 dollars . Shop around for something 2000-3000 hrs for 9500.00 good luck