Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yanmar Boom bushing wear opinion

K20017 · 2023-11-02 21:44

New video · Thursday, Nov 2, 2023 Tap to view! photos.app.goo.gl Hello, This is a 2001 Yanmar ViO 40-1 with 4200hrs and the video is showcasing the boom mount from the cab. Is this wear acceptable? I think it isn't but this is a farm machine and will not have as many hours as a normal working machine but wanted to get some perspective from those who are more familiar. I don't know the work involved or cost to fix this. Some extra footage: https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOrNY9rkpnB6mUqiU8vc4VwXYsvBR5ZtYMLRzEQ Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-11-02 23:08

    I'd take the pin part way out and see if there's bushing in the ears that can be replaced. The movement seems excessive. If there are bushings shouldn't be very expensive to fix. If there are no bushings could be pricey because you'd have to make the worn holes larger and round to accept bushings.

  2. #2K200172023-11-03 21:44

    Thanks. I will take a look.