Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yanmar C50R engine 4TN100

bigkit ยท 2013-03-07 16:03

Hi, I'm looking for a Yanmar 4TN100 turbo engine to fit a C50R track dumper. Short block or anything considered. Any help appreciated Thanks in advance............

Replies6
  1. #1mikebramel2013-03-07 16:18

    If you are looking for a short block I am assuming you threw a rod. Yanmar parts are not insane, braze the block and go to town. Of course sometimes you get lucky and find an engine .... within months... and for a reasonable pirce

  2. #2bigkit2013-03-07 16:41

    Thanks Mike, you got it threw a rod! Hole in the block cab side of no. 4. Scored barrell, broken piston, crank not too bad maybe salvagable. Thought it would be easier to get a replacement. Got one...................?

  3. #3mikebramel2013-03-07 17:01

    If I did it would be yours. No 4 is the last to be oiled

  4. #4bigkit2013-03-07 17:28

    Ahhhh, thanks........i'll keep looking!

  5. #5lantraxco2013-03-19 02:00

    Nothing magic about the Yanmar motor, throw any good used 100 horse diesel in there, bolt the pumps on and make smoke. Same advice I give Morooka owners with Mitsubishi engines. (Your horsepower may vary, lol) Cheers, Lanway

  6. #6bigkit2013-03-19 12:38

    Thanks iantraxco, I've probably sourced a new one...........hope its the real deal!